Just got a MKllC+ Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leroy

Reaction score
I did a nice search and still have some questions. It is the real deal not a converted Mkll. It got the EQ and the SC design with reverb. Perfect condition with "extra large" EVM12L, 1984- Black tolex

My C+ has the 6l's and El's, the 6l's are in the center and the El's are on the sides. This (to me) is very funky) Did this Amp ship with the mix of Power tubes, and are they in the correct locations? Amp is working fine, does not make sense though.

When I use the 15 watt mode, what tubes am I using, or suppose to be using?

Thanks,
Leroy

One more, which footswitch was original with this rig? was it the Black face one with the Lead/Rhythm printed above the switch or the silver one with Rhythm 2 marked above the switch?

Thanks in Advance.

The tubes are correct. That is one of the things that Simul-Class does. It makes you able to mix EL 34 and 6L6 powertubes. You can of course use 4 6L6 too, but not 4 EL 34. The two inner tubes must be 6L6 at all times. When in Class A it uses the outer EL34/6L6 tubes. I believe that the amp was shipped with all 6L6 powertubes, but you can use it either way.

It´s the black Lead/Rhythm one. The Rhythm 2 footswitch is for the Mark III.

You´ve got a great amp there. Take care of it.

It should have come with a Reverb / EQ switch as well. It would have shipped with Mesa STR 415 Phillips 6L6GC's and possible Mesa STR 416's Phillips 6CA7's on request.

Sounds like a good one.

Bullen, Boogiebabies, thank you for your responses.

I never used the EG on these amp's, (maybe I should start) This is my third Boogie, I have owned and let go of, a Mark l that was used by the Stones in the 70's. That tone has been hard to top. And an early Mark lV.

These Amps were great pieces but I have this strange calling to own and play as many different Amp/Guitars as I can. This causes turnover. I wish I had that Mark l.

I do appreciate your responses.

They didn't automatically ship with eq/reverb switch -- you had to order that as an option.

I still remember getting the amp (I was 14) and asking the guy: "Where the hell's the footswitch?" I had requested one at the dealer when my Dad and I spec'd the order, but when he put the order through he just assumed it was included and didn't himself spec it on his end. The dealer had to order it after the fact (we split the cost) to make up for the error. That's why my time machine still works - it had a story.

I just spent my first solid hour and a half with the AMP. I used an R9 LP for my testing.

I knew it would be a struggle. And it is. The Amp is sitting in between a Bogner Shiva and a Carr Rambler.

I find the Presence settings to be a big factor in a good tone on this Amp verses bad. Also I need to find some sweet spots with all the volume knobs.

I am also looking into a 2-12 cab. This should be interesting.

Dasein said:
I still remember getting the amp (I was 14) and asking the guy: "Where the hell's the footswitch?" I had requested one at the dealer when my Dad and I spec'd the order, but when he put the order through he just assumed it was included and didn't himself spec it on his end. The dealer had to order it after the fact (we split the cost) to make up for the error. That's why my time machine still works - it had a story.

You had one at 14 !!!!

You bastage !!!! :D

I had a Peavey Classic SS and it sucked.

If the Mr. Fusion would stop acting up I would pick up a few more myself, but it is hard to find bills dated from 1984 and the credit cards all expire in 2009. Luckily, I found three Simul-EQ-Reverbs for the same price I would have paid in 84-85. One's a woody too. OOOOOFFFFFFF....

Latest posts

Back