Just Bought A LoneStar Classic

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, this thing is sweet, I think I like it better than the Special. It sounds like butter, it's so smooth and creamy!

I got the 1x12, they had a 2x12 but something was wrong with it, the 50 watt switch didn't work, and it just didn't sound as good as the 1-12.

I can't hardly wait to get some el-34's and try that out!

LSSMan
I FEEL YOUR JOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just got my LSC 1X12 (Creme Bronco) 2 weeks ago. Tell me these aren't the absolute best. The more I play it the more I love it.

The 6L6's are fantastic. If you do the EL34's let me know how you like it.
I've been trying to find someone who's done the 6V6 option. The possibilities with this thing are endless. At home I'm running it at 50w, tweed, tube rectifier. The book says you can also run the tweed out of the 2 ohm speaker jack for another tonal change.

The first thing I set up was the clean channel (Bells & Chime) Clean headroom forever

Just got done with the high gain today. Zepplin, Santana and everything else in between. Two weeks ago I didn't think it would do Santana for me
without a pedal added but ........................... tweeked the gain, drive and thicker switch, plugged in the "paul" opened up the humbuckers and
............................. "there it is" sustain up the wah-zoo. Add the ts-9 and we go into a whole other world.

Again for the record. Mesa makes an amp for every "taste". So for all you guys who have a different Mesa, if you picked the right one and you found your tone, you too have a great amplifier. After screwing up a few times I finally found mine.

Sorry LSSMan, didn't mean to ramble, but I could go on forever about the LSC.

I don't have allot of gear, but I'm (finally) real happy with what I got. Everything sounds freaking unbelievable through the LSC. As I told my wife just a little while ago. I'm done swapping, trading, selling. I didn't say buying. (Just in case something new comes out that's a "must-have")
But I can guarantee this gear stays. Tonally it covers all bases "for me."

LSC
LP Std. Prem +
American Deluxe Strat
Taylor T-5 Koa (came in last week)
Teese made a custom wah for me (excellent)
Analogue-man ts-9
Boss chorus & delay (nothing special)

So, enjoy your amp. I really do know how much you're lov'n it.

Again, if you do the EL34's let me know how you like them.

Play Well
Bob M.

I just put a quad of EL34s in my LSC. Let you know after I do some playing around with them since I just got them yesterday.

The LSC is a great amp.

Hi guys,
just caught this thread since I'm in the market for a Lonestar (with 6L6's). Now, isn't it just call the Lonestar? Both amps are under the heading Classic Designs in the July 2005 price list. They're listed as the Lonestar Classic and the Lonestar. No big deal.
How are you guys digging the amp (I know that's some old lingo)? Anyone compare it to the F-50? Looks like Mesa really did some real quality work with this amp!!
take care,
N-50+3 / Mike

Nifty50+3 ........ Your age? If it is, I'm right there with ya! Anyway, There's the original Lonestar with 6L6's and the EL34 or 6V6 tube options. I "believe" Mesa added the word "Classic" somewhere down the road because they came out with (or knew they were coming out with) the Lonestar Special. The Special is EL84 class "A" operation. So those of us who have the 6L6's call it the Classic or the LSC. The guys who have the EL84's call it the "Special" or the LSS.
I have the "Classic". And to answer your question about how I'm "digg'n" this amp. I FREAK'N LOVE IT. You have so many sound and power options (just with the 6L6's alone) I'm still discovering new (musical, usable) sounds. I'm addicted to this thing. It's like I'm a Lonestar Junky. I go in to practice for an hour, meanwhile 4 hours later ............................... fingers are sore, still can't stop. Just feels nice to really be 100% satisfied. It's a "first" for me.
Most guys who have either the special or the classic are really happy with them. However, these amps are not for "metal." (just my opinion, and nothing against metal. Just saying what I don't think it would be good for if it was your only amp.)

Play Well!

Bob M.

old-guy,
yup, you got it; that's my age.
I know how you feel about not wanting to stop playing. I have an F-50 head (run through a 3/4 back 2x12 Mesa cab) and when I re-tubed it; playing through it was a difficult thing to stop. "Freak'N Love It", that's what I want to hear!!

This past weekend I had a chance to play a 'Classic' but for some reason the one the store had just didn't want to work. So, I tried a 'Special' on Tuesday. I was enjoying the dirty channel but I never did (do) like the cleans from an EL84 based amp. That amp is quite the flexible amp with the three wattage setting. I think I'm hooked on 6L6's ever since the 'Fender Days of Old'. I'm dying to play one though!!!
I'd imagine both are great amps; just depends on what you like.

I'll post again if I get a chance to play one and maybe buy one. I see you had a Rectoverb. I have the Rectoverb II head; which I'd like to sell.

take care,
N-50+3 / Mike

LSSMan said:
I now have one of each! :D
So ... :?

I bought my first Crate, and its solid state, just love that fuzz buzz saw tone, now beat that! :evil:

Just kidding, good for you. Now where do you live and do you have a dog? When are you likely not at home? Does you door have a dead bolt? What type of latches does your windows have? :twisted:

Just kidding. I plan to get a LoneStar too, or "two" => Classic and Special. :p Just not sure when. Oh after car repairs.

Back