just bought a IIC+(some info pls)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richb

Reaction score
Hey,
i'm actually picking up a IIC+ this thursday(9/4)
can anyone tell me what the tone difference is(if there is any tone difference) between this IIC+ with 2 powertubes(pictured) and the
simul class IIC+ with 4 powertubes.
here are a couple of pic's:

thanks,
Richb

For starters, check out the "C+ Guide for Dummies" thread up top. If you still got some questions, we can definitely answer them for you. But that'll clear up a lot. Congrats on the purchase!

Elpelotero said:
For starters, check out the "C+ Guide for Dummies" thread up top. If you still got some questions, we can definitely answer them for you. But that'll clear up a lot. Congrats on the purchase!
yup for sure,i'm reading that post now.
this is a great forum!

richb said:
Elpelotero said:
this is a great forum!

Congratulations man!!!! How do you like it over your Mark IV?

shredding said:
richb said:
Elpelotero said:
this is a great forum!

Congratulations man!!!! How do you like it over your Mark IV?
just got it home today and i'm going through some settings off this site.
this amp is AMAZING!!!
the tone is mind blowing and thats with me comparing it to my mark IV which has 4 6L6 STR420 coke bottles!
thx for the congrats_
richb

Boogiebabies said:
It looks good to me. I think with the 60 watt, you will have a tight bottom end and greater range of the presence and treble knobs.

Enjoy !!!
very cool,your words are well respected here and your 100% right the 60W IIC+'s bottom end is very tight and the tonal range by just messing around with the knobs and eq is just huge!
Richb

Wow,
I've never played or even seen a Mark II C+ in my life. My Mark IV already blows me away but you said this is ton better!!! Now I really have bad GAS. But Petrucci once mentioned it doesn't do lead really well so he used Mark IV for leads. Do you like your lead tone of that II C+???

Man, you make me drool. I want to test one soo bad now.

Petrucci had a rig of JUST Mark IIC+'s.... and he used em for lead...

shredding said:
Wow,
I've never played or even seen a Mark II C+ in my life. My Mark IV already blows me away but you said this is ton better!!! Now I really have bad GAS. But Petrucci once mentioned it doesn't do lead really well so he used Mark IV for leads. Do you like your lead tone of that II C+???

Man, you make me drool. I want to test one soo bad now.

John is right about the IV leads being better for the kind of music he plays.
i myself haven't had enough time to tweak the IIC+ in the lead department.(give me a few weeks and i'll give you my opinon.right off the bat i noticed the C+ isn't as compressed in tone as the IV which i like.the rhy settings i dialed in seemed to be extra tight and just so full,i'll be working on lead settings soon enough.BTW;the cleans are Totally,totally SMOKING!!!
Richb

I have no problem using the same setting for rhythm and lead on the C+
To me it's the only amp that does this very well. Mark IV does it but not as well as the C+, but everything is subjective.

tony777 said:
I have no problem using the same setting for rhythm and lead on the C+
To me it's the only amp that does this very well. Mark IV does it but not as well as the C+, but everything is subjective.

for sure,i know i'll find my sweet spot for leads i only got this amp this morning so i have lots of time to just get familar with it's tones.
in fact i won't even hook up my proccessor or any pedals for about a week or so til i really get to know this beauty.i do however want to run a stereo rig with my IV
richb

If you don't like the lead, you can just get a A/B switch and change to your Mark IV. (Like he did on the Once in a LIVEtime tour.)

I've heard John testing his IIC+ before the show on youtube and it's just MASSIVE with his traditional cabs.

Gain-wise, do you feel it has enough or do you need a put a OD in the front?

shredding said:
If you don't like the lead, you can just get a A/B switch and change to your Mark IV. (Like he did on the Once in a LIVEtime tour.)

I've heard John testing his IIC+ before the show on youtube and it's just MASSIVE with his traditional cabs.

Gain-wise, do you feel it has enough or do you need a put a OD in the front?
i'll be using a Lexicon MPX-R1 midi foot controller to change amps,channels,and effects.

i know the IIC+ is very massive sounding,the tightness of the V30's in that cab are very big sounding with tons of definition.and to answer your question about pushing the signal with a OD.
NO way!believe it or not i do with my IV and i was just telling Petrucci last week.i don't use my lead channel like he does for rhy.
i use my rhy 2 channel with my BB Preamp just to give it a slight boost.
i feel like i have a great rhy 2 tone from my IV but thats all about to change now that the + is here.
Richb

haha, I cover quite a few of DT's songs and I'm a huge fan of John. . If you ever see him again, let me know since I may have a few questions for you to ask him..

Yeah, I do hear people boosting their R2 to for the rhythm and it sounds great. I use a SD-1 on my rectos but find it quite useless on the Mark's R3 since it's already gainy and tight. I bet your MKIIC+'s the same way.

You should try plugging your MKIV's send to your MKII C+'s power section.

haha, I cover quite a few of DT's songs and I'm a huge fan of John. . If you ever see him again, let me know since I may have a few questions for you to ask him..

alot of guitar players are big JP fans and thats cool.he's a great player and a good friend.I'll be with him again toward the end of this month.

i get asked all the time to ask him this and tell him that.sometimes i do remember like what stripe he used on his III.

he pretty much asks me what i'm playing through these days.and i always tell him in reply to get a offical myspace page(needless to say he won't do it)...
bro,where are you from?

Latest posts

Back