JMP-1 --> Mark IV preamp --> Mark IV power amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hanslow

Reaction score
That was me with my baby DC-3 :)

Don't have any answers for your questions, but do have my settings that I used in case it helps. I used the JMP-1-->DC3 Preamp on the rhythm channel (lead just gave me squeally howly feedback but then I didn't want to fiddle with my liked settings). Rhthym preamp settings are:

Gain 2.5
Treble 7
Mid 8
Bass 8
Presence 4
Reverb 0
Master 3

Jmp output (volume on front) 3
-20db output enabled on the back

Poweramp volume on the DC3 was turned to as loud as my missus would allow ;) The above were my base settings to start tweaking from. I need to sit down and mess with the gain on both the JMP patches and also on the DC3 as I would like a little more, but only if it sounds better.

I was flicking through the presets, and one of my custom ones with gain about 18 or 19. Instead of sitting here on my backside, I'll get up and check! OK settings:

Vol 15
Gain 20
Bass 5
Mid -6
Treb 4
Pres 4
Eff 0
OD2
No bass shift enabled

That's my current JMP patch of choice, but a lot of the preset patches still sounded pretty good :)

:) I'm more a rhythm type of guy, although there's some nice warmth when using the neck pickup which sounds nice to my ears for the odd twiddly bit. If you get any sounds you like out of the setup, post them up, I'd be interested to see/hear what you come up with.

Latest posts

Back