JJ's in my DC-10 Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktulucaller

Reaction score
I recently just swapped the tubes in my Mesa DC-10 head. The tubes were older Mesa tubes and I replaced them with JJ's from Eurotubes. Oh my god! I am in tonal heaven!! The dirty channel is quite thicker and clearer and the cleans are surreal, though the cleans and the dirty channels have always been great on my amp.

I was contemplating installing a bias trim pot, but now that I just switched the tubes, I don't think there is one needed at all.

Way to go Bob!!!!

:twisted: :) :twisted:

I use JJ's in the preamp of my '94 Dual Recto, and I love the tone I get from them. Most people are also blown away by the clean sound out of the amp now too, especially considering people like to bash the older 2 channel Recto's clean sound. With the JJ's, I think the cleans from Recto are some of my favorite I've heard on a high gain tube amp.

I don't use JJ's in the power amp, though. I tried them in the Recto before, and they made the sound a bit brittle. However, they did sound great in my old 5150 I used to have.

Latest posts

Back