It's official, I love the Mark IV!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UsrName

Reaction score
Went to my local shop today and played with the Mark IV (hardwood, wicker grill ) for about a half hour. Within five minutes, I had dialed in a tone I was looking for on all three channels. On channel one, a nice sparkly clean, which was cleaner than I thought it would be. Channel two, great classic rock rythms, and on the lead channel, with EQ in a "V", I got Metallica mayhem!

The first time I went in to try the various models, I was in a hurry and didn't really turn all the knobs like I should have. I quickly moved on to the F-30, and eventually ended up with one. It's been a great little amp, but I found myself thinking, "the tone is great and I'm almost there, but almost". Enter the Mark IV. It's everything I've been wishing the F-30 was. The tone was inspiring and the EQ made the amp do whatever I wanted, even at low volumes. Now I'm on the hunt for one! A widebody combo, if I can find a used one at a decent price. If not, I'll settle for a medium head with a cab.

Thanks for listening to me think out loud.

Cheers!

Shep said:
you should be locked up ....SICKO....

you are now the owner of one of the best amp's out...your in the mk iv club!

I don't own one yet, but I hope to by the end of the month. :(

Does anyone play the Mark IV through a Mesa 3/4 1x12 cab? I was thinking, if I can't find a widebody combo, I could go with the medium head and this cab.

you know wat!!...i do...yeah sound's great...i just tilt it up so i am hearing wats coming out of the front of it..the back sounds are very very middy..and if it's not facing you it's just mid's and bass...which doesn't sound good..but it is very very good...

Back