It's a boogie or not? a little sound test for you ;-)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

massydual

Reaction score
and, if it's a boogie, what kind of amp is this??? :wink:
I've recorded this clip some time ago, so someone of you may know it on the JP forum...

http://media.putfile.com/moplow

c'mon guys, start with your opinions!
I suggest to open this file with a good sound system, and set a little mid scoop for more impact...

massydual said:
and, if it's a boogie, what kind of amp is this??? :wink:
I've recorded this clip some time ago, so someone of you may know it on the JP forum...

http://media.putfile.com/moplow

c'mon guys, start with your opinions!
I suggest to open this file with a good sound system, and set a little mid scoop for more impact...

although it's well recorded AND played 8) , it really dont sounds like a Boogie to me, especially a Mark series and i dont even think it's a tube amp, when you play pinch harmonics the sounds get too thin and i also hear some ss buzz there . . . am i wrong??

it is well recorded and honestly i don't think it's a pod... to me it sounds pretty tube-ish!

ytse_jam said:
it is well recorded and honestly i don't think it's a pod... to me it sounds pretty tube-ish!

could be my tinny lil speakers and phones here at work, gonna listen at home with real speakers and check it better . . .

Vigo1999 said:
ytse_jam said:

could be my tinny lil speakers and phones here at work, gonna listen at home with real speakers and check it better . . .
i must say i partially agree with you on the pinch harmonics, they maybe lacks a bit of that thick character but they don't sound too thin however... to me there's not that digital flavour in massydual's tone, that's all... but i could be wrong, many skillful people can record great things with their pods too...

Well, since i don't want to start a new thread just for posting a rough clip i've taken, i thought i'd be posting it here. I'm doing so also because in this way you can compare massydual clip with mine, since my clip was recorded with Guitar Rig 2 (pure digital stuff). I'm not using any Hi-Z dedicated input, just guitar straight into soundcard's line-in: this is the main reason for some tone degradation (listen to high E chords). I've used the Plexi module with some distortion and effects modules, even if the tone remember me more of a Dual Recto with EL34s (with the owed proportions)... no double tracking, just a little delay between speakers.

www.freewebs.com/ytse_jam/Marshall_High_Gain_Crunch.mp3

edit: please copy/paste the address, clicking on it directly won't work

ytse_jam said:
Vigo1999 said:
ytse_jam said:

i must say i partially agree with you on the pinch harmonics, they maybe lacks a bit of that thick character but they don't sound too thin however... to me there's not that digital flavour in massydual's tone, that's all... but i could be wrong, many skillful people can record great things with their pods too...

yes, thats true . . . once i've heard a clip made by a Brit dude with a V-amp on the HC forum that i was floored :shock: :shock: not a single person said it was a modelling, everyone have think it was a tube amp . . .

ytse_jam said:
Well, since i don't want to start a new thread just for posting a rough clip i've taken, i thought i'd be posting it here. I'm doing so also because in this way you can compare massydual clip with mine, since my clip was recorded with Guitar Rig 2 (pure digital stuff). I'm not using any Hi-Z dedicated input, just guitar straight into soundcard's line-in: this is the main reason for some tone degradation (listen to high E chords). I've used the Plexi module with some distortion and effects modules, even if the tone remember me more of a Dual Recto with EL34s (with the owed proportions)... no double tracking, just a little delay between speakers.

www.freewebs.com/ytse_jam/Marshall_High_Gain_Crunch.mp3

edit: please copy/paste the address, clicking on it directly won't work

have to listen to it at home, here at work some sites are not allowed by the firewqall, and it was the case with yours . . . :(

hey Majesty, a lil OT here . . . do you like wine???

Vigo1999 said:
have to listen to it at home, here at work some sites are not allowed by the firewqall, and it was the case with yours . . . :(

we're always slightly OT, aren't we? :roll:
i'm not a fine wine connoisseur at all, but sometimes i like drinking a good quality bottle. However i'm more towards beer.

ytse_jam said:
Vigo1999 said:

i'm not a fine wine connoisseur at all, but sometimes i like drinking a good quality bottle. However i'm more towards beer.

ah, just to know if you can point me some good italian wines . . . ya know, when you got to a liquor store the seller always leads you to what he WANTS to sale, not necessary a good one or a one that you'll really like . . .

but, sorry again for the OT if it bothered you :( , but latins love to talk you also know that!! :wink: 8)

Sounds like a rectifier , not that I like the tone, but the intro sounds like a roadster sorta, and the clean parts are a bit thin. But never the less sounds excellent for what it's trying to sound like

It's prolly one of those Randall amps with the mesa preamp card in it. :roll:

Hm, that sounds very similar to the Mesa-like tones I get on my POD, so I'm going to go with that.

I've been working on recording this song the past few weeks with my Mark IV. I'm not 100% satisfied with the tone (haven't found the perfect mic position on my new 2x12 yet), not to mention my playing on those killer downstrokes, but it's getting closer. It's much less bassy than massydual's clip, but I think it's clearer than what I was getting with my POD. The amp's sounds a lot tighter than the POD (and feels much more responsive to my playing).

When I nail the mic position (and get some time to crank my amp at home) I'll put up the finished song.

my vote is for a triaxis and mesa poweramp (possibly a simulclass poweramp (mark4?)), with cleans possibly being a modeling amp. i've heard many clips of triaxises in my few years here and that's my best guess. you know it's a tube amp because of the thickness of the chords after the brief solo. that gain structure is tube tone...

and if it's not, well then i've spent a whole lotta money on nothing!!! :shock:

Vigo1999 said:
ytse_jam said:
Vigo1999 said:

ah, just to know if you can point me some good italian wines . . . ya know, when you got to a liquor store the seller always leads you to what he WANTS to sale, not necessary a good one or a one that you'll really like . . .

but, sorry again for the OT if it bothered you :( , but latins love to talk you also know that!! :wink: 8)
no problems, mate! i enjoy talking about everything and nothing annoys me. I hope a little digression would not annoy anyone here, that' all! I'll think about some good quality italian wines an i will send you a PM!

Hey brothers, i can be totally wrong but i'll still keep the idea that's not a tube amp . . . i'm missing some harmonics there and the smoothness of a tube, sometimes the sound is too "hard", but again, it's well recorded and played tho . . .

Hey Majesty, cool my man, i'll apprecciate :D 8)

and Hey Massidual, ease our pain!!!! :lol:

Back