Is this the standard cab, or oversized?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisRocksUSA

Reaction score
can anyone tell by looking?

cab.jpg

AART said:
oversized.

slant baffle but straight housing.

I'm buying it for $500

good deal?

The seller told me it was the standard, don't know if he lied or just didn't know.

What are the pros/cons to the oversized?

ChrisRocksUSA said:
The seller told me it was the standard, don't know if he lied or just didn't know.

The Standard is the oversized. The Traditional is the....well.....traditional sized one.

screamingdaisy said:
ChrisRocksUSA said:

The Standard is the oversized. The Traditional is the....well.....traditional sized one.

oh ok, the one I'm getting has V30s right?

I just called him, I can't pick it up until saturday.

He says he's not sure if it has V30s, he just bought it to use in the studio a couple of times and never plays it.

he'll check it tonight and give me a call back, but I guess it does (sounds like it's stock)

Are these the amps that are supposed to have more low end?

they're not usually muddy are they?

IMO, with an oversized, the recto is much more prone to become flabby or muddy.

With a good EQing, it can be avoided, but it is MUCH MUCH more prone to it.

The recto has massive low end the way it is. But you're getting a nice deal!

I'm getting a traditional cab for my recto this summer.

ibanez4life SZ! said:
IMO, with an oversized, the recto is much more prone to become flabby or muddy.

With a good EQing, it can be avoided, but it is MUCH MUCH more prone to it.

The recto has massive low end the way it is. But you're getting a nice deal!

I'm getting a traditional cab for my recto this summer.

I am up for the challenge!

I wanted to upgrade from my laneys to mesa gear to match my recto.

It's time for 100% mesa baby :twisted:

btw - let me know if you decide to part ways with your hotplate. I will take good care of it

I'm hoping to make mine 100% mesa soon also!

I'm going to give it a final runthrough today and tomorrow, then I will be in touch.

I love the Recto Standard ( i have the one like you pictured Chris) And I can get the some wicked, tight bass response out it. It'll def. move you when you stand in front of it haha. Congrats man, sounds like a pretty good deal to me. i'd like to eventually get another to complete the full stack! ......eventually :wink:

-AJH

MesaENGR412 said:
I love the Recto Standard ( i have the one like you pictured Chris) And I can get the some wicked, tight bass response out it. It'll def. move you when you stand in front of it haha. Congrats man, sounds like a pretty good deal to me. i'd like to eventually get another to complete the full stack! ......eventually :wink:

-AJH

thanks, that's just the kind of happy owner review I wanted to hear.

I can't wait to bring it home, I have a full-stack now but I have my DR sitting on 2 laney cabs.

I'm glad to finally give it a proper mesa cab to sit on :D

it'll have v30's inside...the stereotype is that the oversized cab is better for nu-metal huge chugging power chords as it's bass is pretty big. the smaller is better suited for fast speed metallish stuff, where you need it to be tight, or maybe just your old classic rock.

Latest posts

Back