Is there a clipping function built into the FX Loop LED? MK4

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trickyrick

Reaction score
I noticed that when I was pushing the amp really hard with the effects loop on, that a couple of times the led got really low. I stopped playing but it remained that way. I rebooted the amp and the LED lit up again, no problem. When the led went out I didn't lose the effects. It happened again a few hours latter, that is a few hours of consecutive playing latter. Same thing reboot and it's good. I don't seem to have this issue playing at lower volumes. Anyone experience this?

I am working this amp out ! My fingers hurt, my hands hurt, my ears hurt. And I couldn't be happier. What sent me over the top in tone shaping for this amp was the presence controls. Everyone knows the EQ is the main tone shaper, there is no denying that, but the pull pots on the presence are just as important IMO, more so then the treb. controls. Again my opinion. I went from feeling let down with the amp and in a short 48 hours of serious playing went to ecstacy. I can't believe what the amp can do. I am retubing the entire thing this weekend with new mesa 6L6CG's and their 12ax7's as well. I am getting used to the GT 5881's that are in there now, but I want to see what a retube will do.

retube will pwn :D weird, cause one time i was jamming with this other guitarist and he had a bunch of pedals and whenever i would play the led lights would fade and flash and do weird stuff.

Mine did the same thing once and I just wiggled and pushed on the LED lightly and it came back on... Weird.

EDIT: To answer your question, I don't think there is a clipping function...

Latest posts

Back