Is it OK to use the slave out as a tuner out?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedy mcfeely

Reaction score
Is it OK to use the slave out as a tuner out? I know what the slave is supposed to be used for, but I have never tried using it as a tuner out. I don't want to ruin the tuner, or cause the amp harm.

Thanx

As far as harming your amp, it shouldn't so don't worry about that. It should be fine. You should probably keep the slave out level low just in case or until you get a second opinion.

+Mike+

That is the only reason I didn't do the exact thing with my tuner....it will work, yes, but there is no way to mute.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have a quick question about tuners and muting.

I have a Korg rackmounted tuner, and if I run it in the loop (fx send/return), even when I hit mute, there is an audible signal coming through the amp. I think this is because it's a parallel loop (I'm running an old DC-3). But...even if I hit the tuner at the front end of my signal chain before my stomp boxes into the front end of the amp, I also get a signal.

I'm assuming the only way to get the tuner completely silent will be to run an A/B box. Presumably true hard bypass would be best. Any suggestions?

Get the Pedalboard junction! (ask the guy to build you an A/B box strickly)

http://www.pedalboardjunction.com/

The guy that makes them surfs the forums here! Very nice guy, and he seels an amazing product at a great price! I bought it for the same reason, and have been very happy!

Thanks - that sounds like just what I need. It's on my list (the GAS usually gets dealt with at Christmas.)

Latest posts

Back