installing fan in used empty Mark IV headshell

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Both of mine have small 'L' brackets that bolt to the fan, then the brackets are screwed to the cab.

Just make sure that you put it in a place where it will not be touching anything, and where it will be a little distance from the cabinet so that it can actually move the air.

If you have a Mark IV cab already, you will see 2 or 3 holes in the cab where the fan was originally.

In the head cab that my Mark IV came in, there was just 1 aluminum angle bracket that bolted onto the V shaped hole at the front of the amp. You will have to pull the grill cloth covered piece of wood off to get to it. This is how you change tubes on a Mark IV head. It is held on by Velcro or some similar type of fastener.

Hope this helps.
Andy

The direct replacement part for the Mark IV fan is

Globe Motors
A47-B15A-15T1-100

You can buy this on line at Allied Electronics. Here is a link to this item.

http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/ProductDetail.asp?SKU=965-1215&SEARCH=&MPN=A47%2DB15A%2D15T1%2D100&DESC=A47%2DB15A%2D15T1%2D100&R=965%2D1215&sid=46D214003630617F

They also have the power cord for this at Allied. Do a search for "Globe Motors Power Cord".

Installation is as Monsta-Tone described . I can provide some pictures if it would be helpful.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back