Input jack replacement?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellyflop

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm in need of a part for a Mark I. The Hi-gain input uses a switching 1/4" jack that I can't locate at Mouser, DigiKey, Mesa Online, etc. Does anyone know of an online parts distributer for DIY'ers?

Here's a schematic if that helps. The jack in question is on the lower left.

Thanks,
Dave

It's a Switchcraft 12A shorting jack. When the instrument is not plugged in it grounds the preamp signal to keep the amp quiet.

How do you know it's bad. Most of these can be fixed by bending the contacts and a little cleaning.

Boogiebabies said:
It's a Switchcraft 12A shorting jack. When the instrument is not plugged in it grounds the preamp signal to keep the amp quiet.

How do you know it's bad. Most of these can be fixed by bending the contacts and a little cleaning.

Thanks Boogiebabies, but I'm talking about the other jack. It's a shorting jack too, but it also switches the extra gain stage in and out.

Here's a schematic, if that helps.

I found a schematic for that jack at http://www.switchcraft.com/ but I could not find you a part number. It is called "single closed, isolated 'make' circuit J4-1A" It may be worth giving them a call or emailing them.

That's probably the simplest path. I'm making this harder than it needs to be. Thanks, Ken.

Latest posts

Back