Independent Mid and Bass Knob for R1/R2 on Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trem

Reaction score
Not that it's needed, but was just wondering whether this is possible or not. On paper should be pretty simple no? I know that there may not be enough space on the facia to drill another two holes, but what the heck. Your thoughts?

~trem

I took a look at the schematic and I think in principle it should be possible to add the additional two pots to do what you suggest. You would also have to add some additional switching (LDRs) in order to select one set of controls verses the other. One way to approach this is to use stacked pots which would then need to have new knobs but would not require the additional holes in the chassis. These might be hard to find as I don't think these pots are the standard 1/4 inch size. Anyway interesting to think about.

Blueracer said:
I took a look at the schematic and I think in principle it should be possible to add the additional two pots to do what you suggest. You would also have to add some additional switching (LDRs) in order to select one set of controls verses the other. One way to approach this is to use stacked pots which would then need to have new knobs but would not require the additional holes in the chassis. These might be hard to find as I don't think these pots are the standard 1/4 inch size. Anyway interesting to think about.

I am surprised Mesa hasnt done this already. Pulls for either/both channels?

Thanks Gary. Would incorporating the LDR switching be complicated?

Yeah Psychodave, with all the 101 (I lost count) switches on board, I can't believe they skipped 2. :wink:

~trem

Latest posts

Back