Im new and part of the family!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDMX88

Reaction score
heyhey everyone, i just picked up a Mesa Boogie DC5! My first tube amp! sound is great. I got a question though, when i was playing it in the lead, the volume went up and down. i remember reading on this forum about the tube i believe, but the guy taht i got it from, just put new tubes power tubes in a week ago i think.

Could be a bad volume pot. Try cleaning them all and then look at the tubes.

They especially do not like UPS or Fed-Ex if you bought it and had it shipped. They could have all of their guts loose and short out.

How do i clean them? sorry im new to tube amps. It wasnt shipped, i picked it up. Its werid, it doesnt always happen, doesnt happen a lot. I remember the volume going down, up down, then back to normal and it stoped doing it. The 6L6's are orange in colour, and the 12AX7's the tip is orange like the 6L6's but the bottom of them are a more redish orange. The 6L6's are two weeks old i think. I have no clue how old the 12Ax7's are.

Must be a Brit, colour?

I use Caig De-Oxit contact cleaner and then later I follow up with Cai-Lube to lubricate them. You pull the chassis out and spray it into the opening of the pot, then turn them from 0 to 10.

Latest posts

Back