im looking to get a new amp-> check this thread out!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyang1127

Reaction score
long time reader first time post i think. i have a mark iv half stack that works awesome for my band but im looking for a smaller amp possibly for small shows but mostly practice use. ive looked at the DC-2, DC-3, 50 caliber, and subway series. i havn't played out of any of them though (hard to find since they are all out of production but im looking for one used) which one would you guys go for and why?

I have a studio22+ w/o graphic eq.. it's a great amp for sure, i absolutelly love it.
It has two channels, one is clean(ish) the other is lead.. plenty of gain on tap (i play metal like tool and use only about third of the gain available).. the only downside is the shared eq, but if you get the one with the graphic eq you can assign it to only lead channel or to both channels so i guess you have some more versatility.. altho mine doesn't have the graphic i still find that the same settings on both channels sounds absolutelly great, the sound is really stellar.
it's got 22 watts and can do whisper-level metal (really!), it's got a great master volume.. and it's still really loud, i play in a metal band and i put the master volume on about 3

The one thing that i don't understand is why did they even bother to make them without graphic eq, it makes all the difference. I put a boss ge-7 graphic eq pedal in fx-loop, and without the graphic, sound is (to me) about 7.5/10 but with the eq it's 11/10.

I've made some clips with it, if you want to check them out, but keep in mind that this was miked with a 2.5$ genius pc-mic in my bedroom, the master was on about 1.2/10, Gibson Les Paul Studio '00., Boss GE-7 in loop

Fishy - remastered

NYE

Random

Latest posts

Back