im looking for that perfect warm clean

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

verity38

Reaction score
should i get a orange, fender, or vox i want a really warm clean that i can a/b/y so i have my recto for distortion and vox or something for cleans.

any imputs?

thanks

Popular opinion is fender, I really like the cleans on fenders, even the little 25 watt reverb amps. The roland jazz chorus is quite good to, although a bit colder.

i just bought a fender 65' twin reverb reissue a few months ago and the cleans are incredible.....there is no question......i am very impressed with how it sounds.....plus the on board tremelo effect is very cool.

masque said:
i just bought a fender 65' twin reverb reissue a few months ago and the cleans are incredible.....there is no question......i am very impressed with how it sounds.....plus the on board tremelo effect is very cool.
That pretty much sums it up. Fender Twin sets the standard "clean and warm".

will that be enought to power my orange cab? i was thinking possibly a line 6 live pedal thing they have out.. how is that?

i really dont like my sg at all haha i would love to get rid of it for a prs or a fender tele or a esp

I have a Fender '65 twin reverb reissue and a Fender hot rod deluxe as well. Both are very clean and warm but I think the Hot Rod is a little warmer but the vibrato on the Twin is a nice feature.

I would say it depends if you want to hear "amp" or "guitar", and if you want any drive or breakup at all.

If you have a really nice-sounding guitar, and that's what you want to hear, I would +1 on the Roland Jazz Chorus. The amp itself is like good vodka, you barely know it's there and it just puts a lovely shimmer on everything :)

I had a JC-77 (the 2x10 version) for years and I am still kicking myself for trading it away.

Latest posts

Back