I'm in need of some help for my MarkIV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antoine

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm in need of some help for my MarkIV, well... today, during a rehersal, my MarkIV has had some troubles, i just play guitar->Wha->amp, everything is ok, the loop is bypassed because there was no FX in it today, but usually there's my pedalboard FX.
Everything was ok, but suddenly, the sound beggan to be quieter and is the end, ther was no sound at all coming out of my amp... even with no fX in the loop, the loop was "on". i turned the loop "out" pushing the loop switch on my markIV pedalboard and the sound was there again.
So, here's the problem playing my amp with NO FX in the loop :

- if the loop is "on", i haven't got any sound out of my amp, if the loop is "out", then, no problem at all.
- If i've got my FX pedalboard in the loop, bypassing it just bypass my FX but everything is OK

Boogiebabies, or anyone else, i need your help please :(

Many thanks :wink:

It's been a while since i owned a Mark IV but you shouldn't hear anything if you click on your loop when there's nothing being used in it. You need to have something plugged into your loop if you engage it.

danyeo1 said:
It's been a while since i owned a Mark IV but you shouldn't hear anything if you click on your loop when there's nothing being used in it. You need to have something plugged into your loop if you engage it.
+1. It's logical because why would you turn your loop on when there's nothing in it anyway?

Thanks a lot for the help.
I just want to say even with no FX plugged in and with the loop "on", you can play the amp and hear the sound, my Loop was "on" because usually, i've got my FX pedalboard plugged.
Wednesday, i wanted to play the amp with just the guitar and no effects at all, so, i beggan to play the amp with the loop in the "on" position, and everything worked fine, after about 20mn, the sound beggan to decrease proggressively until there is nothing at all, then, i switched the loop "off" (with my MarkIV pedalboard) and the sound was there again, reswitching the loop "on" and no sound at all.
I have to let the loop "off" to be abble to play the amp, or i have to plug an Fx pedal with the loop "on" to be abble to hear something, otherwise, with loop "on" and no FX plugged in the FX loop, there wasn't any sound comming out of the amp !

If you want to verify that nothing else in the loop is a problem take a cable and use it to jump the send and return on you fx loop. If this fixes the problem then I would agree that your return jack is sprung.

Latest posts

Back