IIC+ Combo/ Speaker

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesieBooga

Reaction score
Thinking of putting a Vintage 30 in the combo I have coming. It has a 90 watt Mesa Celestion right now. I'll try it out of course before taking it out.... Comments? Ideas?

I messed around witha bunch of speakers in my 3 Boogies. I don't like a V30 all by itself, but it sounds great paired up with an extension cabinet with a different speaker (EVM12L or a C90)

If you can, try an EVM12L. I think you'll like it! I am a big fan of those C90's myself.

The best speaker for the IIC+ IMO is the old Black Shadow 150 Watt.

I use them in my IIB, my 4x12 and the IIC+. I love them.

BWK

Boogiewan Kenobi said:
The best speaker for the IIC+ IMO is the old Black Shadow 150 Watt.

I use them in my IIB, my 4x12 and the IIC+. I love them.

BWK

Am I correct in thinking that the stock IIC+ combo's had either a 90 watt Celestion or an EV 200 watt 12 L ?

I like a Fane 100 Alnico my combo. It is warm smooth and can really sing sweat in the high register. Still has plenty of low end.

Back in 1983 or 1984 you could get a IIC+ with EVM or the Eminence 150 Watt (most common) but they also had a Black Shadow C-90 and a black Shadow JBL.

Most combos had the 150 or the EVM.

BWK

My EVM Black Shadow sounds amazing... if you can get one, pick it up.

I did find a Mesa Boogie BLK Shadow EV 12 L Speaker on Ebay today that I bought. But I'm having a hard time going to a combo when the 4x12's sound so much better. :oops: The 90 sounds pretty good though!

Latest posts

Back