If you could only have one guitar...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't care who makes it, but if I could only have one it would have to be a superstrat with all of the following:

original floyd rose
emg 81/85
neckthrough construction (just satin on the neck)
ebony fretboard
neck/headstock binding

maybe a piezo?

8)

I think I'll get a fat strat or a les paul standard...i'm for tone versatility!

I'd pick a (as in my) 1966 Fender Mustang because it's so unique and beautiful sounding.

I did this about 12 years ago...

I chose a Les Paul. It took me 2 years to find "the one". I played just about every LP (and in every trim level from Studio to Custom) from FL to PA trying to find it. When I found it I was in VA and I had been frequenting a couple guitar shops weekly with their shipments. One week they got about 5 studios in and all were black. The salesman says, "it's in there..." He had already played all 5 but he wanted to see if I could find it. It was about the 3rd I tried. It was over. I sold my Strats. I had already offloaded a G&L ASAT Classic and a couple others of the Ibanez and Jackson persuasion. I kept one Jackson as an emergency tremolo fix and played that studio for over 10 years without playing anything else. I eventually sold the Jackson, so I officially only had one guitar for 7 years. The next guitar I got was a studio lite... go figure. Since then I have bought a few more Gibsons to include 1 more LP, 2 Vs, 1 SG, and 1 Explorer. Last year, I picked up an American Standard Strat for the single coil stuff. A few months ago I found the G&L I sold 14 years ago and bought it back.

Ken Lawrence Explorer- Very similar to Hetfield's second one- Sun inlay, Red LED side markers, same exotic woods, except maybe a darker wood for the back portion of the headstock. EMG 81(b)/60(n), Tone Pros Locking bridge/tailpiece, Sperzel Locking Tuners--all black hardware. Set neck, no pickguard, Earvana compensated nut.

nov1305_pic12.jpg

Dreams hopefully come true...they did for my amplifier....... :D

-AJH

At this point, I'd have to say my Strat HSS. It's probably the most versatile of all of my guitars, but that doesn't mean that there wouldn't be something better out there that I haven't seen or played.

My Jackson RR serial 2772 US made.

All I ever need. Got it new in 1997 and still king!

US copy of the very first Jackson RR ever made.

MesaENGR412 said:
Ken Lawrence Explorer- Very similar to Hetfield's second one- Sun inlay, Red LED side markers, same exotic woods, except maybe a darker wood for the back portion of the headstock. EMG 81(b)/60(n), Tone Pros Locking bridge/tailpiece, Sperzel Locking Tuners--all black hardware. Set neck, no pickguard, Earvana compensated nut.

nov1305_pic12.jpg

Dreams hopefully come true...they did for my amplifier....... :D

-AJH

+1 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Russ said:
A few months ago I found the G&L I sold 14 years ago and bought it back.

I love reading stories like this. Although I have never let go of a guitar, it would be such a treat to find a special one years later and buy it back.

If it had to be one guitar, it would probably be something like a goldtop les paul with soapbars..I'll just keep dreaming for now. 8)

Well, believe it or not I had to choose.

By the end of 2005 I have bought home with my girlfriend, so I had to sell everything i could to come up with as much money I could.

I had to choose. This was my choice:

http://strait.altervista.org/foti/gear/ta/index.html

I've chosen this one because it does it all. And does it all better than anything I've had or tried. And it's quite cool to look too.
:)

Yikes, that's sweet. I like the PRS style body. Those things are comfortable...who made that one? I also like the FLOYD...and recessed cavity
:D
-AJH

It's from a local luthier... Voodoo Guitar Works. I'd always wanted a PRS with a Floyd. Now that I have one, I'm plotting to get a second. :)

--B

i think i would go with my Les Paul Jr. They are not often seen and i love the P-90 single coil. The one complaint i have is it is very light. Unlike many other guitarists, i like my guitars as heavy as they come. That way i can feel safe flying around with it and know if i throw it over my shoulder its going to come back to the right spot not fly away into my drummer haha. But the ultimate would probably be the Gibson Les Paul Supreme. Its white with ALL gold hardware and no pick guard. which will run over $3000 so i guess i'll have to settle with the Epiphone Les Paul Custom and take the pick guard off for now :)

Back