If you could only have one 4x12 on stage with your Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slant or straight 4x12 cab?

• Slant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'd go a slant... Actually I have gone a slant cab - spread the sound around more.

Ciao ...

I prefer a straight cabinet. Slants, to my ears, tend to be a bit piercing in the upper mids to low treble range, and have some uncomfortable interactions between the sound waves about at head level.

Disclaimer: I don't play a Rectifier, and they have a reputation for being somewhat bottom-heavy, so a slant may be a good fit for one.

i have the best of both worlds. i have a straight front cab with a slant baffle. i like the look of the straight cabs, but the slanted baffle is nice. projects the sound a little better.

jtb226 said:
i have the best of both worlds. i have a straight front cab with a slant baffle. i like the look of the straight cabs, but the slanted baffle is nice. projects the sound a little better.

+1!!

-AJH

If I only take one 4x12 it is a slant for better dispersion. In this case, it would have to be a Traditional for the tightness of it.

I'd have to say Straight......because you get a deeper, beefier and quite frankly a better sound........and unlike with angled cabs the tone doesn't thin out when you stand in certain spots.don't get me wrong i've owned slant cabs but i just prefer the sound of a straight one.

Back