I love my LSC!!.... and I have some tone suggestions for ya.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogie shoes

Reaction score
boy did I luck out. I got a great deal from a good fella on craigslist. he had a 50/100w LSC head for 850.00! a great deal on its own, when I asked him if he would ship he said sure, do you want it in the head cabinet or the 1x12 taurus black combo cab. I asked what he would charge to ship them both. the empty cab and the head. he finally decided on 900.00!! yeah what a deal. he said the head cab cost him 400.00 from boogie. he also threw in a fresh set of EL34's, both covers and footswitch.

once I got the thing together (I decided to use the combo for now. I am planning on picking up a 2x12 cab and going that route when I pick up some more dough. ) It just sounds great, the more I play with it the more I love it. I wasnt completely in love with channel 2 until I put a eq pedal in the loop just barely pulled the mid slider down and wow it sounds great. I have also since put the el34's in because the 6l6's where showing some age. talk about a difference, now in channel two with the thick engaged, you can get some great Marshall like tones. with the drive off you can do the Billy Gibbons tone with the gain set at noon. then kick in the drive for some great Joe Perry or Slash tones. I have found that the drive knob sounds best with settings lower than that of the gain knob. if only there was a footswitch to engage the drive function I would be in heaven.

if any of you are at all unhappy with channel 2, (sounded very am radio'ish to me and the mid knob is more like a high bass so it didn't seem to cut the right frequency to solve this problem) I highly suggest an eq pedal in the loop with a very subtle drop in the mid and high mid. I just leave it on when using either channel tuck it in the back of the amp, its my secret weapon. trust me its wonderful. the guys in the band love it. and the guy (my bands other guitarist) with the Marshall half stack is jealous.

care to share some of your settings or tone secrets?

+1 on the eq in the loop. i use an mxr 10 band and leave it on all the time. infinate tweeking on the fly. channel 2 is a monster!!!

man the el34's just rip on this thing!! and the cleans do not suffer from it at all, last practice, my other guitarist said thats it i am bringing my Mark III next week, so I guess i put his dsl 50 out of a job!!heheh.

boogie shoes...

which EL34's did you put in your amp? You have convinced me to at least give this a try...I could detect the enthusiasm in your posrt :D

I guess you like your LSC!

when I bought the amp used, the prior owner threw in a set of 34's he had bought, they are mesa boogie brand. two blues and two greens I think.
I switched them out because one of the 6l6's was glowing cherry red so I need to retube the power section, threw in the 34's to get by. I was just fine with the 6l6's.
when you do the swap out let us know what you think.

Back