I Just Got a Roadster... I Think I'm Going to be ILL

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_maestro

Reaction score
Well after hours of deliberation, countless phone calls, and around 2 grand... I found the one place within 3 states that had the coveted Mesa Roadster head. I bought it right on the spot, over the phone. I was a little weary buying such an expensive piece of equipment (worth twice as much as my car!!), sight unseen and sound unheard. After driving hungover for a few hours in miserable heat... I came home and took it out of the box.

I finally got it out and played it a few minutes ago... and now I feel ill.

Why??

Because this thing is SICKKKK!!!!!

Holy **** I've never heard an amp like this in my LIFE. The cleans are cleaner than clean (reverb= soo lush). The modern settings sound like Adam Jones brought his rig into your room. I haven't even begun to tweak the more specific settings! I haven't even played it for an hour! It's midnight and I haven't even turned it up past 3 on the volume!

Quick note: The only thing I didn't like at first was the half leather/diamondplating front. But let me tell you it looks 1000 times better in person. It looks awesome. My friend and I just stared silently for 20 minutes when it was first brought out of the box.

I was so lucky to find one near me. You guys won't be disappointed!

Congradulations on the purchase!!!

The_maestro said:
Quick note: The only thing I didn't like at first was the half leather/diamondplating front. But let me tell you it looks 1000 times better in person. It looks awesome. My friend and I just stared silently for 20 minutes when it was first brought out of the box.

I was so lucky to find one near me. You guys won't be disappointed!

I think the general consensus among people is that the half diamond plate/half tolex look isn't the best. But you're right, it looks way better in person!

I custom ordered a Roadster head with a full black diamond plate front with the brushed aluminum vents and am waiting for it to arrive. I wouldn't have been disapointed witht he stock head though.

It is an incredible sounding amp for sure! I kicked around the idea of going for the Roadking II, but I prefer the sound of 6L6's in most applications and would hardly use the EL34's. Plus, the progressive linkage is basically a $600 option since the Roadster and the Roadking share the exact same preamp, rectifier, and reverb circuits.

Have fun with your new toy! I can't wait to get mine!

earlier this week, someone posted saying the modern channels were not very "Recto" sounding .. can you confirm this? .

when you wake up .. lOL>

To take a line from a Tool song.... I can confirm that whoever said that the modern setting weren't "recto" ... "must have been HIGHHHH!"

It's recto to the CORE!

:twisted:

I haven't seen one yet, could you post some pics of yours? I'm curious as to what the half-n-half front looks like.

Has anyone actually played a RK II? I've got a Road King, and I'm wondering if it is worth selling to buy the new one.

Latest posts

Back