i have a triple rectifier..and need a question asked

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decemberstar

Reaction score
hi i recently bought a triple rectifier head with a 4 12 inch cab , but i keep hearing that the dual is better ....now i wanna know if its true ,i mean do i get the same sound as a dual or not ..and also anything else ?? thanks

You will get more headroom thus more volume with your TR. The TR is slightly more versatile but tone is slightly sacrificed as well. But there again that is subjective. You can't pull tubes like on the Dual because you get an odd impedance. The Dual is cheaper to retube also. Some would not give up their TR for the world. I woldn't worry about it unless you find yourself unable to get the sounds you want.

I have a 3ch Triple, and it does sound *slightly* different than a Dual - and I prefer the slight difference, which is mainly a "tighter" bottom end.

I like the cleaner nature of the Triple.. my dirty is not dirty enough, but I am trying to have a cleaner dirty sound... so it is not an issue.. because I used to use a rack setup that can get searing tones... and I don't need to have the equivalent of "90 Ministry/Pantera/Helmet guitars on one track" for a regular guitar sound...

haha the triple and dual recs are practically the same amp but the triple has an extra 50 watts

Which gives more headroom so in some ways better cleans

The dual will saturate at a lower level so distortion sounds are far easier to get at lower volumes than a triple

If you ahve somewhere or, play big stages you have the perfect amp,just drive her and you will get all the beaty of a dual rec.....but alot louder!!!

I agree... but it is kind of funny because we play average club sizes to large venues.. and I don't have to even really open up for a great tone.. which I love...

decemberstar said:
hi i recently bought a triple rectifier head with a 4 12 inch cab , but i keep hearing that the dual is better ....now i wanna know if its true ,i mean do i get the same sound as a dual or not ..and also anything else ?? thanks

No one asked so I will...Do you like the amp?

I started off with the Rectoverb combo. As I started finding things I didn't like in the ROV (no rectifier tubes, no channel assignable loop, couldn't use el34's), the DR corrected those.

So if you like the amp and how it sounds, stay with it, This is a great place for advice.

Congrats on the purchase.

Hey dude, if you want a dual rec, pull the outter pair of 6l6's out of your triple and one of the rectifier tubes and then boom you gotta dual. Mesa even told me this is ok to do. I never did it when i had my triple, but i called mesa and they told me it would not hurt the amp to do that.

nathan28 said:
Hey dude, if you want a dual rec, pull the outter pair of 6l6's out of your triple and one of the rectifier tubes and then boom you gotta dual.

Uhh, not exactly.

jbird said:
nathan28 said:
Hey dude, if you want a dual rec, pull the outter pair of 6l6's out of your triple and one of the rectifier tubes and then boom you gotta dual.

Uhh, not exactly.

Listen to jbird you can pull two on a Dual but not a Triple. If you don't believe us give Mesa a call.

Latest posts

Back