I have a chance to buy a Dual Rec (serial # in the 600's)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joel

Reaction score
Hey all! I was wondering if you could tell me a little about this amp. I know that it's not a Rev. C or D so it's not necessarily collectable/inflated selling price. I was wonder if you guys thought this would be an amp that would possibly have more 'mojo' than some of the later 2 channel dual rec's. I've read something that made me think that the transformers might be the same as some of the originals. Does the serial number in the 600's give this amp any extra value?

100% definitely yes extra value....The lower you go, the more value. This is going to be a Revision F, which has more "mojo" than the later G's. It will have a serial loop, which alone is very valuable simply from a player's perspective, let alone collector's.

These amps are about giving you great tone and satisfaction as a player. I don't look at these things as collectors pieces because I never plan to sell them. It's about finally finding your perfect "grail tone."

What Elpelotero said, ^^^ ditto !

I have a Rev F, series loop, chrome chassis/blackplate with a final build date of Jan '93. (parts inside actually date to Nov '92) Serial # R-01109 It smokes ANY DR or TR I've ever owned.
The small revisions they made in circuits and transformers between C,D, F and finally G do make a difference. I can coax some Mark series tones out of mine and still SLAY RECTO style, love it. By the way, the cleans on your possible DR Rev F are much nicer than the earlier ones.

Buy it & play it !!!!!! :wink:

Well, I did it. Dual Recto R0627 is now mine! I was so stoked on the sound that I bought it then and there, even though I tried to convince myself that I should probably hold off for a while. I think the red channel is exactly what I needed for rhythms and the orange channel leads are very creamy. I talked him down to $1100 and took it with me when I left. Thanks for the information, all!

Dude ! Congrats on a mighty fine score ! The Orange channel high gain mode is super sweet, very Mark-like, definitely great for mid heavy lead work, I love it.
Experiment with the Orange clean mode using the Tube Rectifiers, turn the gain down to about 10:00 and crank the Master to @ Noon-ish, Presence and EQ to taste.

Also, check out using the efx loop engaged, even if you don't use efx through the loop, the series loop is awesome. You'll find some really nice sweet spots at lower volumes if you use the Loop Active Master. In the back, switch it to loop on orange and red, turn the loop knob level all the way up ! No need to engage any send/returns.

Get your levels and set your Masters on each channel and then use the LAM as your MASTER Volume control, pretty sweet tones can be found tweekin it like this.

It's a good thing you didn't hold off as these come so far and few between. Especially since people are realizing the tone difference in these early models !
Again, Congrats bro !

Latest posts

Back