I got my new Mark IV combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHYX

Reaction score
Just got my new Mark IV 1x12 Wide Body combo. I got the private reserve- western quilted maple for the cabinet. Question is where does everyone get their ATA cases from? The last case I purchase was from Hybridcases in New York. I'm looking for a good case at a great price.
Thanks!
Jim :D

Beware some of those "ebay special" $49.00 cases are pure crap. Just as well to keep your shipping box or go ahead and cough up $250. bucks for a real case. Especially for a hardwood princess like that!

Last year I got an F-50 in bubinga and wicker, and was in the market for a case of some kind. I did a lot of research into this. Here's what I was able to figure out:

If you need a REAL ATA spec case, you're going to spend a lot of money - easily over $300. But these are the real deal and can handle just about anything you need - you can travel anywhere and on anything and not worry. I'm sure you know the good names out there - Anvil, Calzone, Rock Hard etc. You have to call them and have the case custom built in most instances. For me, price was a concern, and in the final analysis I felt I didn't need that level of protection.

However, the slip cover was definitely not enough. I'm basically a weekend warrior and the amp always travels in the back of my Jeep, so all I really needed was something to put it in to prevent it from getting dinged up every time I load in/out. I ended up going with one of the case companies on E-Bay.

In researching the various E-Bay case companies (and I basically called every single one of them except the ones selling cases for more than $200), I was able to figure out it's all one company operating under different e-bay names. I ended up ordering a pretty basic case, but upgraded with butterfly latches, dolly wheels and interior foam. (Note if you don't specifically order the foam as an add-on, they come carpet lined). Including shipping and handling it cost me about $160 I think. It came within a week of placing my bid.

I'm happy with it. It's not cheesy looking and it does what I need, which is to say it provides basic protection against getting dinged. It would definitely not survive airline baggage handling, but I didn't need that. If price is an issue for you, and you don't need full-bore ATA protection, this is not a bad way to go. If I had it to do over I would try and get the bigger wheels, because the ones it came with are small.

That's my $0.02. Feel free to PM me if you want the specifics on who I ordered from, the exact cost and options etc. - I'll be glad to give you the info.

Search Angstram Cases on ebay. I bought 2 flight cases for my head and cab from them. Great to deal with and a very good product.
Congrats on the new amp, got any pics???

-AJH

I bought mine at www.unitecproducts.com . They have many differnt lines of cases . I bought their elite series cases and im extremely happy with them .

i have a nice case from Affordable/Barry cases: http://www.affordable-cases.com/

they're definitely cheaper (price wise) than a lot of the other big companies (crown, rock hard, anvil, etc) and i'm totally happy with my case. it has all the protection my mesa needs...and then some.

Has anyone used Maxline cases? I'm looking at having them build me a case but I'd love to hear from someone who has used them before dropping $500 on something non-refundable.

Latest posts

Back