I Finally Chose my Dual Rectifier!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leng

Reaction score
Well I decided to go with the blackface for $1050 instead of the VooDoo mod for $1400, the price on the modded one was just too steep and it would require shipping whereas the blackface I can just drive to pick up and it comes with the flight case in the pics.

Serial number is somewhere between 740 and 750, don't remember exactly what he said, anyone know what year it might be?

boogiepics004le2.jpg

boogiepics002bg2.jpg

boogiepics003lj1.jpg

Crazy how things work out, so many Dual Rectifiers all over the internet and the one I choose happens to be local... just 240 miles away, going to drive down and pick it up this week or next.

Any information on this kind of DR would be awesome, I don't even know what revision it is.

EDIT: ThunderMonkey told me to search the forum for "Rectifier Lineage", I've searched around but can't find the particular thread with all the good juicy info, can anyone link me up?

Let's just say that if I'm ever back on the market for a Recto (sometime in the future)....it will be one very similar to this. Nice snag!

Thank you much, without your guys' help I'm almost positive I would have chosen the VooDoo and ended up not as happy.

If the serial number is 75 it will most likely a C or D and an excellent catch. If it's a 750 it's an F no question. You will be happy with either, for Tool's tone the F may actually suit you the best. The value on the 75 will be higher as this is the glorified pre500 that folks on the board crave.

You never know those tubes may last you a while. Like I said last night tubes are always a crap shoot. The money you are saving you can do some research and retube it yourself.

Just rember as Ibanez for life said, it's never going to be Mark IV tight, ie Metallica, Lamb of God, Petrucci. It will most likely be tighter the the TR you played Monday.

Talk to Recto-Robie or Russ they've personally tried tons of tube combiinations.

Congratulations and welcome to the fold. The quest for tone has begun.

Serial number is somewhere between 740 and 750, don't remember exactly what he said, anyone know what year it might be?
im willing to bet its born on date is 10/92..i have #726 with that date and like clutch said its a rf1f...the small logo on the head shell is correct for that year also ,but maybe someone switched them out along the way, a friend of mine tryed to order one blacked out in 93 and mesa wouldnt do it,,any how it loooks killller ,very clean! maybe get some black knobs from mesa for the full effect?? :twisted: ,,,oh yeah you made the right choice over some voooodo mod ,CONGRATS :D

was it put in a new headshell? i've never seen any stock ones with a black chassis and black diamond plate. looks awesome though! congrats! :D

In the early 90's you had the choice of Black chasis w/ brushed aluminum, Black chasis w/black diamond plate or chrome chasis w/ black diamond plate.

Some were covered with leather as apposed to Tolex. Not sure about this one from the pics.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=11228&highlight=rectifier+lineage

I'm willing to bet money once you play this amp, you're never going to sell it. Ever. If you ever wanted the recto sound, this is going to exceed your expectations.

Put all the settings flat, and if you like gain, bump that up to around 2oclock. Then make sure you have a change of pants ready.

BTW, for $1050 that is an absolute steal! Those sell for about 1300+ on ebay!

I remember someone saying back in the early 90's people would walk into a guitar store, and clerks would have no problem with changing the rec head shells if you wanted a black on black etc.. So more then likely when you see a mesa with black on black it was a changed headshell.

Hell I have a black headshell now that is gonna go on my normal color Early rec head, so it wlil look just like his. Except my S/N is way lower.

clutch71 said:
In the early 90's you had the choice of Black chasis w/ brushed aluminum, Black chasis w/black diamond plate or chrome chasis w/ black diamond plate.

Some were covered with leather as apposed to Tolex. Not sure about this one from the pics.

Elpelotero said:
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=11228&highlight=rectifier+lineage

Put all the settings flat, and if you like gain, bump that up to around 2oclock. Then make sure you have a change of pants ready.

Haha, thanks for the knob suggestions, I'm gonna need them!

Johnson said:
I think you made a great choice! Your going to love your RevF! Congrats!

Thanks man. Sucks that I don't get to hear it until tomorrow, I doubt I'll change my decision after I play through it though.

Thanks to all for the info and feedback.

Leng, DUDE ! Nice decision to get the RF-1F ! KUDOS ! You now own a stellar Dual Rec....serial # 740-750?....that will put it right around Fall (ish) of '92....NICE !
Mine is dated 1-93 Revision F serial # R-001109 (with components dating to 11-18-92...go figure.

Don't worry if the tubes sound less than great (noisy/crackly) New tubes in that thing will make it ROAR :twisted:

Congrats ! Let us know when you get her !

Latest posts

Back