I don't understand why MOD the FX loop for Dual Rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivsaken

Reaction score
I have a 3ch dual rec with a Gmajor in the loop. I have the Send on the head at about noon and the mix all the way up at 90%. When I bypass all on the Gmajor there is barley a dry signal coming thru. I don't quite understand why people mod the loop since there is still a small DRY signal coming thru still anyway. Just trying to figure out what benifits I will have if I did spend the cash to mod the loop.

Modding the loop to serial will completely eliminate the "bleed", however I have read that it may also defeat the Solo function. I used the loop as-is in my Triple, and the only complaint I had is that there is a volume / tone change when you switch in the loop no matter what effect is in it.

The only time that the dry "bleed" signal could be a problem is if you use a noise gate in the loop, but with the loop at 90% that should not even be noticable on stage, and could be taken care of in the studio with a gate on the cab mic.

"If it aint broke, don't fix it". If the loop works for you, great. Spend the cash on something else.

IMO, the G-Major sounds stellar anyway you use it, whether in a serial or parallel loop.

Dom

The problem is the MOD doesn't totally kill the "bleed" anyway. I emailed both mesa and Voodoo amps about this. Im just confused about it.

OK, now I see the confusion. If the mod doesn't completely eliminate the bleed, why bother??

I'm sure there must be someone on this board who did the mod and can explain the benefits, or at least what the goal was when modding the amp, and if it worked.

Dom

Back