I am selling my Marc II C. What's a fair price?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robyn

Reaction score
Guys,
before I continue I need to tell you I am no Mesa Boogie expert at all.
A few days ago I put my Mesa Boogie up for sale at e-bay Germany

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200270511729&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling

I bought it back in the late 80s from my guitar teacher but have long since realized that my guitar skills very very poor and abandonned playing more than 10years ago;-) I did not even know it is a MarcIIc if I posted it but ever since all hell broke loose. I got so many e-mails from people who want to buy it and now I am wondering what's a fair price? Could you look at the pictures at the e-bay URL and tell me what you think about that amp? So far I learned it's a MarkIIC (NOT a MarkIIC+), 60 watt, signed by the key constructor at Mesa Boogie (forgot the name) I would hate to give it away at e-bay for too little money.
By the way, if you want to get it yourself, fell free to bid for it, I decided now that I would actually ship it outside Germany :wink:
Thanks, Robyn

there's been a similar combo on ebay that's been sitting for about a month or so. he originally wanted $1500 BIN and now it's $1300. I'm sure it's worth that much, but the economy....

2 years ago this could have sold for about $1800-2000 max...the market was in a frenzy over anything IIC or C+. The current economy has killed everything...As the above poster said, 1300-1500 is more practical, if not perhaps less.

Sorry for hijacking but is a IIC + external EQ as good as an IIC with Mesa GEQ? I've heard people saying as if the Mesa GEQ has mojos

badguitarist said:
Sorry for hijacking but is a IIC + external EQ as good as an IIC with Mesa GEQ? I've heard people saying as if the Mesa GEQ has mojos

There are external EQ's that wipe the floor with the mesa eqs...that being said I had tried multiple EQ's and always prefer NO eq on my 2C+

Hi,

I think a fair price would be between 1100 - 1200 euros. If that would have been modded to IIC+ the price range would be 1400 - 1600 euros.

Or, even better idea. If you don't have an urge for the money, get a IIC+ mod done and hide the amp under your bed for 20 more years and then sell it for 20000 euros....... 8)

Thanks for the answers everyone, I think I know now what I need to know :wink:
robyn

Latest posts

Back