I am new to the board with a C+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stonge

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good clean/gain settings? because I only seem to get one or the other. good heavy gain with a clean that is literally half the volume. or great clean, not so good gain. I play music that is heavy at times but then breaks down to clean guitars. I feel like I am never getting the benefits of both channels simultaneously by rolling my volume back on my les paul for clean parts. It is not a huge problem cuz I am used to master volume amps, it's actually a main part of my style. But for once I want to be able to utilize both channels without feeling like I am sacrificing tone on either end.
thanks

The Mark series cleans up beautifully.....set your lead channel to your liking, and then just role back the volume.

Try not to go beyond about 7 on volume 1 and crank volume one master as high as you need it first. Make sure your speaker is plugged into the 8 ohm jack and that you are in Simul Class mode or 100 watt setting, for best results whenever you need more clean. You should be able to dial in all the gain you need with the lead drive. Also, each of the pull pots can add additional gain. Personally, I like to keep the master up as high as possible and use the guitar volume when I need more volume and distortion.

I was actually seeing if anyone wanted to post me some good clean settings. Then I can just figure out the gain. thanks.

Stonge said:
Does anyone have any good clean/gain settings? because I only seem to get one or the other. good heavy gain with a clean that is literally half the volume. or great clean, not so good gain. I play music that is heavy at times but then breaks down to clean guitars. I feel like I am never getting the benefits of both channels simultaneously by rolling my volume back on my les paul for clean parts. It is not a huge problem cuz I am used to master volume amps, it's actually a main part of my style. But for once I want to be able to utilize both channels without feeling like I am sacrificing tone on either end.
thanks

It's not going to balance well with humbuckers. The best way is to use single coils or coil tap your neck pickup for cleans with the same settings.

There is a way to get the sounds that you wish with a 'paul (or any guitar with volume controls for each pickup if you ONLY use the neck pickup for the cleans). But if you want to switch guitars with the same amp settings, you'll likely be screwed. :cry: Oh yeah, EVM-12L speakers will help to get the most accurate sounds out of your guitar and C+, love it or hate it. :twisted:

go to the boogie website and download the MarkIIC manual, it wont be a C+ manual but its the same design and even came with new C+'s when they shipped, so dont worry. There is no such thing as a C+ manual. Follow their directions. Good Luck!

I am not having a problem setting the amp. I am wondering if anyone else has the same problem of the clean being to quiet when they dial in a good gain on channel 2. I am currently using a recto 2x12 and a 1x12thiele road ready (EV of course). Sometimes I will switch between the two or depending what mood I am in, just play one or the other. This is why I wanted to know if anyone that OWNS a C+..has any amp settings they want to post. That way I can compare mine with yours. vice versa. I mean I am not a noob to the C+. I will post some of my settings later when I get home. Then you you guys can do the math as well.

Here is what I use Stonge, the clean is not perfect if you're using high output pups but with a LP it's pretty **** clean on the neck pickup on channel 1 while having a great high gain tone on channel 2

Volume 1: 7 pulled
Treble: 6.5 pulled
Bass: 2 pulled
Middle: 2.5
Master 1: 2 pulled
Lead Drive: 8
Lead Master: 2 pulled

thanks for the setting man!! I dig the clean alot..gain ok to. Here is what I was using before.

Volume 1 : 6.8
Treble : 7 (push/pull) optional
Bass : 3.1
Mid : 2.1
Master : Sound good at any volume and suprisingly awesome at bedroom V.
Lead Drive : 7.7 (pulled at the moment. I don't have my switch hooked up)
Lead Master : 7.9 (pulled)

Like I said awesome heavy! quiet clean

My first C+ was the 60/100 version with an EVM, It had noticeably tighter cleans that my C+ Simul Class, with EVM, in Simul Class mode. Big cleans just need more watts. Which version do you have?

Stonge said:
thanks for the setting man!! I dig the clean alot..gain ok to. Here is what I was using before.

Volume 1 : 6.8
Treble : 7 (push/pull) optional
Bass : 3.1
Mid : 2.1
Master : Sound good at any volume and suprisingly awesome at bedroom V.
Lead Drive : 7.7 (pulled at the moment. I don't have my switch hooked up)
Lead Master : 7.9 (pulled)

Like I said awesome heavy! quiet clean

Glad you like it, here's my EQ which will help your gain a bit more

cpluseq.jpg

With my C+ i really think the gain needs to be run to hot.. it sounds sweet enough for it to sound good at any level of gain and volume.. the lower you run V1 the cleaner your clean is..

Latest posts

Back