Huh? A .50 Caliber for 1600 euro?!?!?!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusguitar

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Vintage-Mesa-Boogie-Amp-Verstarker-/301563146563?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item4636907143

Hey gang, am i missing something here?

*edit: for the international market, this is equal to $1600...

Ein wunderbar klingender und sehr selten angebotener Mesa Boogie Amp in Holzausführung. Leider kenne ich mich mit Amps nicht aus, daher wäre es schön, wenn ein kompetenter Ebayer mehr Info zu diesem klasse Amp hätte. Angeblich ist ja diese Holzvariante sehr gesucht. Nur im Proberaum benutzt, daher für das hohe Alter sehr schöner Zustand, aber natürlich ein paar Gebrauchsspuren.
Privatverkauf, keine Garantie, Gewährleistung, Rücknahme o.ä. Der Artikel wird so verkauft wie er ist. Mit der Abgabe eines Gebots erklärt sich der Bieter damit ausdrücklich einverstanden.

We don't all speak german language so i've had let google translate this for me.
So, he doesn't know what amp it is and wants an ebayer to inform him?
Hmmm....
I think he can't google it for some reason, right?....
I see...

The amp does have a nice cabinet. He'd get $500 all day for that super-sweet maple hardwood/wicker cabinet, maybe more, I've got 500 in my pocket right now just for the cabinet if he'd take it, and the chassis might fetch $400 by itself. Plus it's europe where Mesa/Boogie amps aren't that readily available like NYC/CL. I'd start at 1600 and go down 50 every week until I hit 1000. He'd get 1000, I know that for fact because that is what I'd pay to get my grubby hands on that cabinet. 50 caliber's are awesome amps to have around for friends to play through as they are very intuitive to use and it's hard to get a bad tone ala Mark amps. I sold a Mark llB hardwood/wicker stack for $1800 last year and it sold in less than a month.

I live in Europe and believe me i know how much expensive are Boogies...i paid A LOT over the years for them...A lot
BUT...
A used Caliber at ebay.co.uk or ebay.de goes for 600 euros to -at most- 750 euros.
1600 euros is way too much overpriced and is a common behavior from some guys to try to sell Boogies with the "excuse" that "they are expensive in EU"....
Well, even some guys try to sell DC-5s in my country (Greece) for 1200 euros!
Anyway, i think 1600 euros for this amp is a joke when someone can find a Mark iv for 1300-1500 euros
my 2c

Latest posts

Back