How to set Recto's Channel Master and Output for Low volume?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dongh1217

Reaction score
Hi every one, I just experienced with my solo50 head and trying to figure out how to use my Solo50 for low volume home use.

as Mesa's manual says that set the channel volume pass 9o'clock will made the tone sounds better for low volume playing.

After my experiencing, I came out with SET Channel Volume around 10:30:-11:30, and master output volume somewhere depends on my need. I think the tone is pretty thick and full. (I mean only for use Channel 2, not Clean Channel)

All I wish to know is my experiencing and setting is heading to the right direction or I'm totaly wrong with above setting?

Share you own opinions please, Thank you for help!! :D

I think thats pretty much correct. my clean channel is somewhere between 10:30 and 12 and my channel 2 is somewhere between 9:30 and 11 with my output between 9 and 10 depending on what time it is.

Though I'd like to know if anybody could tell me how the master with thissetup comes into play with the presence control. In the manual it says its "gated" by the, or is mainly affected by the master control setting. Is that the overall master or channel master?

StrykeBack said:
I think thats pretty much correct. my clean channel is somewhere between 10:30 and 12 and my channel 2 is somewhere between 9:30 and 11 with my output between 9 and 10 depending on what time it is.

Thank man, I also had another question too, the precense control on my Channel 2 Vintage mod does not seems work at all unless I turn it up pass 2:30, is my amp's problem or it's normal

dongh1217 said:
StrykeBack said:

Thank man, I also had another question too, the precense control on my Channel 2 Vintage mod does not seems work at all unless I turn it up pass 2:30, is my amp's problem or it's normal

its sensitivity is based on how the rest of your EQ is set, so thats probably your answer.

Latest posts

Back