How to date a Mark IV B

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aart

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I had two Mark IV's in the past, both A versions. The date on those things was written on the bottom of the chassis, but the chassis of the B is all black and I can't seem to find a date or signature on it.

Does anybody know if they still did that dating with the B versions?
I know its sold in July 2006(from the receipt) but I don't have a build date.

Gr,
Aart

Herbie the Rad Dorklift said:
I take mine out to dinner and a movie.
:lol:

that is a very good idea!

*waits to be seated....holding a Mark IV.....*

"How many..?!"

"Two, please. Nonsmoking."

*sits down with amp across from you, reading items from the menu to it*

my buddy once went thru drive-thru....I sat in the back and we had a case of beer in the front seat with the seatbelt on it. When the woman asked if we wanted sauce, my friend asked the case of beer "you want sauce?....No, we're good."

Why not just call Mesa and provide them with serial number? They ought to have some info on that.

Aart said:
I had two Mark IV's in the past, both A versions. The date on those things was written on the bottom of the chassis, but the chassis of the B is all black and I can't seem to find a date or signature on it.

Does anybody know if they still did that dating with the B versions?

Mine has "10/01 MB" on the bottom of my chassis. I couldn't see it until I took the chassis outta the case. (Mine has the 2 chrome strips on the case top to hold in the chassis, like a Fender combo amp.) I assume mine is a B version.
David

I just received my Mark IV short head yesterday. I had to take the chassis out to raise the reverb tank (was not clearing the handles on my Thiele) and when I shined the bottom of the chassis in the light I could read black sharpie-style ink that dated the amp. The ink looks almost purple if you shine it right in the light. You may not see it looking at it from a straight position, but it was highly visible when angled into a good light source. I do not remember the month (I think it was July), but the year is 2001. Hope this helps.

bryan_kilco said:
Herbie the Rad Dorklift said:
I take mine out to dinner and a movie.

that is a very good idea!

*waits to be seated....holding a Mark IV.....*

"How many..?!"

"Two, please. Nonsmoking."

*sits down with amp across from you, reading items from the menu to it*

my buddy once went thru drive-thru....I sat in the back and we had a case of beer in the front seat with the seatbelt on it. When the woman asked if we wanted sauce, my friend asked the case of beer "you want sauce?....No, we're good."

Thanks for the Laugh Man, that was great!

Latest posts

Back