How much is it to upgrade the loop on a triple recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogboy131

Reaction score
The loop on the Stilleto is AMAZING. The loop on the triple recto SUCKS (tone)

What do I tell my amp tech and how much will it cost to change the loop on my triple recto to a Stiletto style one? I understand you lose the solo option but I can live with that.

about 70 or 80 bucks...

BUT, you can do it yourself or have a friend that knows how to solder do it. It takes 2 minutes. You literally only switch 2 wires around.

There's a thread on here with pictures and everything on how to do it.

The mod? I'm guessing, the parallel to series mod? Is this now considered an upgrade? As far as I'm concerned, any loop will degrade your tone, to a point! And it's funny to hear someone who does'nt care about the solo function, most people accept the slight degradation in tone for the flexibility of the solo and master functions! Personally, depending of course on what effects your employing, if any, I'd hard bypass the thing if your that much into preserving your tone!

jbird said:
The mod? I'm guessing, the parallel to series mod? Is this now considered an upgrade? As far as I'm concerned, any loop will degrade your tone, to a point! And it's funny to hear someone who does'nt care about the solo function, most people accept the slight degradation in tone for the flexibility of the solo and master functions! Personally, depending of course on what effects your employing, if any, I'd hard bypass the thing if your that much into preserving your tone!

after reading many messages from this board and others, and speaking to quite a few people, i've decided to mod my rectifier from parallel to series. to me, this was an upgrade, in the sense that it has made my effects work better with my amp.

Latest posts

Back