How do you use your LSC?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maury

Reaction score
I think I finally found how to maximize the tone choices available on-the-fly with my LSC. Just wondering if anyone else here is doing classic rock style gigs with similar setings.

I have channel 1 dialed in with some fat gain to get a compressed lead sound that stays clean & round when solo'd. This gives me a nice full tone at lower volumes and if I need to strum hard and stay clean, I use the solo and back off the guitar's volume.

For channel 2, I use the following:

Drive OFF, thick/normal/thicker = SRV, "Honkey tonk Woman",etc
Drive OFF, thick/normal/thicker = "regular" overdrive
Drive ON, thick/normal/thicker = saturated boogie lead

I might look silly fiddling with knobs so much on stage, but with all the tones available in channel 2 with the toggles, I really like what I'm getting.

Maury

I've been thinking about doing something similar, but as i've only had mine 2 weeks am still fiddling around with it. One problem I am having though is that there seems to be just too much bass when drive is on and I'm struggling to get rid of it. I know it will come, all part of the fun of getting used to a new amp, but I am finding that I almost have to roll the bass of completely to do it, and that seems a little odd.... Am playing with a Clapton Strat, but wanting to use the neck pick up more for lead, for that more 90's clapton tone. (currently leaving the mid-range boost on nil!)

Once I can find the tone, that I know is in there, along with all the other great one's along the way, I will certainly be wanting to try and use the switching in a similar way. Am surprised there is a not a footswitch option to bring the Drive in and out.

D

Am surprised there is a not a footswitch option to bring the Drive in and out.

I imagine alot of players put a distortion pedal in front of the LS's to get the same end result - but I hate to use a pedal to get distortion when I have a boogie. Seems like a waste of real tube distortion to me. :(

but I am finding that I almost have to roll the bass of completely to do it, and that seems a little odd....

The more I read the manual, the more I try not to think inside the box too much. Depending on where you set the gain & treble, the mid and bass could be dominated pretty quickly and you might have to turn them (mid & bass) much farther than normal to get any changes out of them. Its best to turn them until it sounds good and pretty much ignore what they look like. Just my .02

Maury

Latest posts

Back