how do you see to swap out the preamp tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratoquack

Reaction score
I've got a lot of static on both channels so I guess I have a bad preamp tube. What is the easiest way to physically change out the tubes in a LSC head? Do I have to pull the whole chasis?
I pulled a couple of the power tubes and thought I'd be able to see well enough, but that's not the case. Suggestions?
Bill

I carefully stand the amp/head on its side and shine a light. Makes the swap much easier. Pay attention to the location of the "space" in the tube prongs when you remove and replace in order to make the fit easier. Once you do one, you'll get the hang of it.

hippdogs said:
I carefully stand the amp/head on its side and shine a light. Makes the swap much easier. Pay attention to the location of the "space" in the tube prongs when you remove and replace in order to make the fit easier. Once you do one, you'll get the hang of it.

The "space" in the tube pins will be facing directly toward the front of the chassis when looking from the rear. This applies for the Lonestar as well as the Stiletto Ace combo.

JOEY B. said:
The "space" in the tube pins will be facing directly toward the front of the chassis when looking from the rear. This applies for the Lonestar as well as the Stiletto Ace combo.

Same on the Express amps. It's easier than on the old Fenders where the space was on an angle.

Back