How do you guys tweak your ch2 of the RoadKing?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What exactly are you trying to do on Ch. 2?

Being that it isn't a very high gain channel to begin with, I always run it at 50 watts or lower (spongy for 35 watts). I usually put the gain up pretty high and crank the thing until I get some good tube distortion. Once in a while I'll do that and hit the front end with an overdrive pedal...it doesn't give you the gain of channels 3 & 4, but it stays very uncompressed while distorting.

Other than that, give us a little direction of what you're looking for and maybe some cool ideas will come forth.

Erik

This is the least explored channel for me. So far, I only use it as a clone of Ch 1 (fat and clean), or I use something that resembles the "Brit" setting from the owner's manual. I haven't found anything amazing yet, but you may want to start with the "Brit" setting from the manual, and take it down to Spongy as mentioned above.

mloiaco said:
This is the least explored channel for me. So far, I only use it as a clone of Ch 1 (fat and clean), or I use something that resembles the "Brit" setting from the owner's manual. I haven't found anything amazing yet, but you may want to start with the "Brit" setting from the manual, and take it down to Spongy as mentioned above.

Exactly...I forgot to mention that I use the Brit setting for this channel. If you get the chance to really push some volume, you get great overdriven tones ala 70's rock. It really is a nice sounding channel for the right application.

Latest posts

Back