history of the rectifier revisions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yetti

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with the history of the recto revisions? I've read bout this rev g,d,f and stuff and must be board revisions but the way people talk sounds like some are better than others. I've got a potential triple in the r-002800s
What would the translate to and I can't find on the net anywhere some one that knows the differences

Ask Elpelotero to get his Boogie Archives site back up and you will have all the info you need!!

And I thought there were some Rev F Triple's?? Maybe not.

screamingdaisy said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that all 2 channel Triple Rectos are revision Gs.

and everyone knows there have been 0 great recordings with
that rev. You really want a rev I.

I've read about that site, but its not up.
What would a r-002800 be? and what constitutes as a rev I?

Yetti said:
I've read about that site, but its not up.
What would a r-002800 be? and what constitutes as a rev I?

He was kidding. There were never any Rev's past G. And 2800 I believe is a Revision G. Regular production.

Cool, thanks man. I wansnt sure if he was being smart or id he meant rev one or I or what.
Regular production alright, so it Should sound pretty sweet I guess

Yetti said:
Cool, thanks man. I wansnt sure if he was being smart or id he meant rev one or I or what.
Regular production alright, so it Should sound pretty sweet I guess

Don't get caught up in the hype. The Rev G's are outstanding sounding amplifiers.

screamingdaisy said:
Don't get caught up in the hype. The Rev G's are outstanding sounding amplifiers.

+1

There is only a very SMALL difference between the dirty channels on the early revisions and the regular production 2 Channels. The varied widely in the cleans however. But who gets one of those amps for the clean channel? :lol:

I actually like the 2-channel Rectifier cleans! Better than the 3-channel ones. But then, I mostly prefer Tweed/Vox/Marshall cleans (ie not really that clean, even when not actually clipping) over Fender BF cleans.

If you really want an older Rectifier with great cleans, you want a "Rev H", which also doesn't officially exist but is otherwise known as a Tremoverb. It's still not a pristine glassy clean like you can get from a Twin though.

Yeah I probably won't be too worried about The cleans.
I'm a rhythm player and do about 5% of cleans during shows and i put some good effects on them anyways.

I'm looking to get a close metallica tone and sadly close to bullet for my Valentine. Just those have awesome balences of crushing lows and good tightness. Should be faulty acheivable with this triple eh?

Ive minorly tossed that idea around, Mark 4 and the IIC+ Is tempting. I haven't given it alot of thought but you might have planted a seed. only reason is i bought my Roadster Brand Spankin new, theres no way i could get close to 1800 if i sold it and the mark v is close to 2 g's new or used anyways. Unless someone wanted to do a swap trade. That would maybe work... ah i dunno.

Yetti said:
Ive minorly tossed that idea around, Mark 4 and the IIC+ Is tempting. I haven't given it alot of thought but you might have planted a seed. only reason is i bought my Roadster Brand Spankin new, theres no way i could get close to 1800 if i sold it and the mark v is close to 2 g's new or used anyways. Unless someone wanted to do a swap trade. That would maybe work... ah i dunno.

Metallica = Mark series. A rectifier can get you their newer tones from this decade and a bit of the last, but a Mark amp always nails any of their tones 100%, old or modern.

fluff191 said:
Ask Elpelotero to get his Boogie Archives site back up and you will have all the info you need!!

And I thought there were some Rev F Triple's?? Maybe not.

You are correct. There are 2 Channel Triple Revision F's. Earliest one I've owned had a serial in the high 600's.

Latest posts

Back