Help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sardocasm

Reaction score
I just got a used 8 ohm cab for my Heartbreaker and have everything set up properly, I let the amp warm up in standby for a few minutes and when I flipped the switch and hit a string no sounds came out of the speakers except for a hissing noise... I then turned up all the volumes on my amp and I could hear faint sounds from my guitar and this only happens when I turn put the channel on the high gain mode. I tried two guitars with the same results. The amp is running 4 EL-34's and both of my guitars have passive pickups. What is the problem here? How can this be fixed? Please help me! I've been waiting almost a month to use this amp and now it won't even work right. :(

So the amp worked before the acquisition of the cab? Check the cabinet wiring and jacks! If your not sure, then yes, check pre-amp tubes!

I wasn't able to play the amp before I got the cab since I bought it off Ebay, so I don't know how it was before hand. My speaker cable should be fine as it's a brand new Monster Cable P500. How do I go about checking my preamp tubes? And are there any other possibilities for something wrong or is it most likely the preamp?

I found the culprit. The amp is missing the 7th 12AX7. I found the missing one in the box of tubes I got with my amp. The thing sounds killer!

Latest posts

Back