Help with a mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sebby123

Reaction score
Im going to be getting my mark iv 1x12 in a couple of days and i will be using it with a 4x12 cab I heard you can emulate a mark iic with the triode and harmonic settings , has anyone tried this and do you reccomend it? i was originally planning on running it on full power all 85 watts instead of the 70 in the triode mode.

I use the Triode and Harmonic settings and get a great tone. The manual say's this emulates the IIC+ and I hear a similar tone if the EQ is set a certain way. The thing is the MKIV is so diverse you can go too far one way or the other. But all in all I'd say it can get very close to the IIC+ tone. With that being said what is the IIC+ tone anyway? I've heard tones that I didn't like out of both amps as well as Killer tone out of both!

Make sure you read the manual on the IV and start with factory suggested settings! Any one on this forum will tell you it is not a plug in and play amp.

Latest posts

Back