HELP!!! Mark IV Pot Shaft Broken--Show Tonight!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elpelotero

Reaction score
My buddy got his rackmount Mark4 (ebay purchase) and it turns out the Rhy1 Gain is broken....

As in the pot shaft is snapped. It looks like a white piece of plastic (wtf!?). We can't turn the knob. I opened the chassis and it looks like we need to replace the whole pot...

Is there a faster or short-term solution other than glue???

thanks

Elpelotero said:
My buddy got his rackmount Mark4 (ebay purchase) and it turns out the Rhy1 Gain is broken....

As in the pot shaft is snapped. It looks like a white piece of plastic (wtf!?). We can't turn the knob. I opened the chassis and it looks like we need to replace the whole pot...

Is there a faster or short-term solution other than glue???

thanks

white trash solution would be to find the skinniest drillbit you have, drill a teeny hole in the remaining plastic, and very lightly tap in a finishing nail or something.

yee-haw

this is what happend to my mark IV during shipping from US to where i live.
FAST SUPER GLUE solved the problem.It turns ok left right, no one knows it was broken.At least it was a fast solution untill i will convince myself to buy one and replace it.So far no need for that thou...

CoG said:
white trash solution would be to find the skinniest drillbit you have, drill a teeny hole in the remaining plastic, and very lightly tap in a finishing nail or something.

yee-haw

+1

same exact thing happened to my Lead Gain knob on my IV. white plastic piece. i thought about glueing it, but...meh. took it to a local shop where it will hopefully get repaired along with my eq issue...

+1 for the drill bit and small screw or finishing nail. Very small wood screw will grab the plastic enough so at least you can adjust the pot and leave it in one position until you get it replaced.

use one of these after you drill the pilot hole...

ScreweyeL1.jpg

you can hang cool stuff from it, too

Got my Mark IV in 95. Plastic shaft on Lead Vol broke around 96. Glued it once with Superglue and it worked and pulled out for several years. Broke again (same place ) glued it again, and it is still in place.

If the plastic shaft, I believe super glue can be a very good option with my experience.........

We went with the screw option and it turned the pot, but no sound would come out. He's calling Mesa today. THanks for the suggestions!

Latest posts

Back