Help! Guess my weight! MkIII on a diet.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fernando

Reaction score
Need some help. How much does a MarkIII head, no case, and loaded with tubes, weight? Why, you may ask? First, I don´t have access to the amp at the moment, and i need the info asap. And also because I am a California native living in Spain, just outside madrid and I will be going home to visit for two weeks at the end of june and would like to send my MkIII to MB Petaluma to have a checkup and do the Volume 2 and IIC+ mods. Unfortunately the turnaround is most likely going to take longer then my vacation (2 weeks). So i am considering just sending the bare head from here (spain) direct to MB petaluma around the middle of may and then having them ship it to my california address while on vacation there, so i can take it back with me on the plane. Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!! :D

Sorry forgot to mention that it is fully loaded, ie: graphic eq, export transformer, simul-class, etc.

Sent my MK2C chassis from the UK back to Mesa about a month or so ago now, it was in a well padded cardboard box that measured 50cm x 38 cm x 31 cm and weighed in at 15kg. Mind you, just received an email form Mesa to say its return weight including box is about 40lbs. So I guess it’s put on a little weight while out in the Californian sunshine. :D
I would think the MK3 is going to be roughly around the same weight.
Ian

Hello PRS-Ian, thanks for the quick reply!! Wow, gained about 10 lbs!?!? They must have put it on a crash diet of MB steriods! A few questions. Did you ship it top-down? In other words, with the transformers and tubes pointing up, and the chassis resting on the flat top? What materials did you use to pack, styrofoam blocks, etc? I'm really nervous about mailing it, but I don´t have much of a choice. Again, thanks for your help, my options are a bit clearer now. BTW, some sweet looking eye-(ear) candy in your pics!! :shock:

Latest posts

Back