Help decide on amp.(past markIV owner)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dondante

Reaction score
Looking for a Mesa amp for home playing mostly. I owned a mark IV a few years back and had to sell for home purchase etc..

Mark IV likes:
Cleans
hi-gain
effects loop
pedal/foot selector
just over all sounds/tones it was capable of

I'm interested in a rectoverb also. I do not have ability to play any of these as I live immobile Alabama and mesa's are few in this area

would love to hear some other prions and maybe experience between the two amps or others.

Music style: Trey/Phish, gov't Mule, my morning jacket(love Jim James tones with his rectoverb).

Guitars and equiptment:
ibanez artcore (335ish)
Les paul standard
VS Jekyll n Hyde Od/dist
VS H2O chorus/echo
crate palamento 16 tube amp.

Thanks ahead of time

Chad k
mobile Al

Check out the Express series. I used to view them as "low end" Mesas, but now I own one! They are extremely versatile little suckers, and you'll appreciate the money saved versus going for a Mark or a Recto.

I chose the 5:25 1x10 combo purely because it's light and portable. It's perfect for playing at home, and I can always plug it into an external cab to really hear it at it's full potential.

If you've checked out the website, then you probably already know this, but the 5:25 uses EL84s and the 5:50 uses 6L6s. I can see you liking the 5:50. You'll regret not trying these out - trust me!

Mobile, AL you say. Check these dealers.

Metro Music Inc. 155 S. St. Andrews Street Dothan AL 36301 (334) 792-0883

MMI 664 University Blvd. South Mobile AL 36609 (251) 660-1277

Justin!! Ha, hadn't checked this in a while. Well ended up with my second DC-5. One showed up local on Craig list for 500. So I jumped on it.

You know I owned a dc5 before markIV and I forgot how good it was, I had even forgot how good a boogie sounds. Turned it on, no tweaking, just hit a chord and almost went weeked knee'd. And this comin from someone who has owned 3. Been so long(9yrs) since I owned one(divorce). It's incredible, I'm totally satisfied with it. AMAZING!

Now I just need to fond a headshell at a good price so I can convert it and get another 2x12 closed back again.

Love it guys.

Latest posts

Back