Help between Mark IIC+ and Mark IV....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AutoBoogie

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ive been playing through a dual rect. for quite some time now, and although i love the amp, I feel its time to expand, not replace the dual. Ive been on the search for a IIC + for a while now (as I know a lot of us are), and no luck, as im waiting for the "right one" (graph eq, reverb, simul, real C+ imbuya/wicker), and to be honest, Its like finding a classic 1960's Ferrari.. they're out there, just not many for sale. Which is why i'm thinking of just getting a Mark IV soon, and waiting out for the C+, and getting it whenever I get the chance, in a year or more.
My other conflict is a tough one... The other plan is to get rid of the dual rect (3 ch) for a Road King Series 2 (imbuya/wicker). Although i am a fan of the lone star circuitry in the 1st ch. and progressive linking throughout, and the glorious tone, I do love the Mark IV, thus im stuck, and need everyone's rationalization and recommendation. Also, is there a difference between the new mark IV's and the older ones that just say boogie, instead of the new Mesa/Boogie one's besides historical significance? Which is the better choice? I play a lot of dream theater , vai, random metal, lots of clean and a hybrid of all for my own music. Thanks guys, and please... Spare no opinion.. :) thanks again.

dude i have both and all i can say is you will be happy with one or the other... the mk IIC+ is a beast and so is the mk IV.. each will sound Amazing and each have there own personality..

you could wait and see what namm brings to.. mk V is in the air???

for the music you are playing, I think a Mark would better suit you. For the differences between the old and new Mark4's, read the sticky at top called "mark4 thread." Basically the older ones are closer to the sound of a C+, if I understand it correctly, and the new ones are darker.

I +1 on waiting for Namm. There may be something new. And you could also look into the Triaxis to get C+, Mark4, and Recto all in one.

Latest posts

Back