• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Help and Advice Needed Please

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bondy1978

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently tried to order a custom Boogie in the UK. I wanted it finished in the Champagne a floral Leather. Unfortunately after placing the order and a month of waiting I was told Mesa had no more champagne floral embossed leather and that they would not be getting anymore from their suppliers.

However, since then I've seen a new custom Boogie for sale on a well known U.S guitar shop website. It's finished in the champagne floral embossed leather. I've contacted the store and asked if they'd be willing to ship to the UK. They categorically refuse to do this, understandably, because Mesa could revoke their right to sell their products if they did this. They said they'd let me pay for it from the UK but it has to go to a U.S address.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get the amp shipped back to the UK? I realise it'll be 120v etc but have step down transformers and would possibly change the transformer to 240 v anyway seeing as though the warranty would be null and void etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, thanks for reply

Why would it be better to buy 2 amps to make the one I want?

What's the downside to converting an amp to work at 240v?

Back