Has your Boogie ever influenced what you play?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your Boogie ever influenced what you play?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

• No

• Total voters

Rampage

Reaction score
Well, when I got my Mark IV I was tinkering with it and found a lead setting that sounds great to my ears. It reminds me a little of John McLaughlin's tone on some old Mahavishnu tracks. Well, I hadn't been too much of an enthusiast in the realm of fusion, but once I got this tone I decided to delve into some songs that had a similar tone. Well, after experimenting for a while I found fusion to be very fulfilling and it is probably the most fun for me on guitar. I think a large part of that is because a lot of songs I want to play are not tabbed out so I had to learn them by ear. All of this resulted from me liking a tone I found on the MKIV.

So does anyone else have any similar experiences with finding a tone that would later help define what/how they play?

I just find that the amp's tone completely defines how well I play and what style I play. Unfortunately bad tone just irritates me and I focus on settings and what not rather than playing. I am going to put the Mark IV back in the bedroom and move the Triaxis out to do more performing duties since i don't have to worry about knobs changing positions during a move. They both sound great and give me the inspiration to play with more feeling and energy.

My Mesa amps allow me to get the most out of my guitar (Parker Fly) and I am desiring playing guitar more now than I ever have previously. I have another Parker on the way (Nitefly) and I hope that I will have all of my tonal bases covered with those two guitars.

I struggled for years with cheap guitars and mediocre amps. Now I finally can express myself musically without the equipment getting in the way.

I guess the amp doesn't make me a better fusion or rock player it just makes me a better all around player because the amp coupled with my guitar opens the doors to possibilities that I could only dream of on my old stuff. I am at the beginning process of learning many different styles and I am very glad to have equipment that is reliable, employable, and inspirational.

Greg

They have not influenced me to what I play, but they have influenced me in how I play. Five minutes after plugging in, I felt I had finally found the tone I was chasing in my head.

Many's the time that rich warm sound affected my mood which undoubtedly affected where I took what I was playing.

Confident "Yes!"

disassembled said:
I just find that the amp's tone completely defines how well I play and what style I play. Unfortunately bad tone just irritates me and I focus on settings and what not rather than playing. I am going to put the Mark IV back in the bedroom and move the Triaxis out to do more performing duties since i don't have to worry about knobs changing positions during a move. They both sound great and give me the inspiration to play with more feeling and energy.

My Mesa amps allow me to get the most out of my guitar (Parker Fly) and I am desiring playing guitar more now than I ever have previously. I have another Parker on the way (Nitefly) and I hope that I will have all of my tonal bases covered with those two guitars.

I struggled for years with cheap guitars and mediocre amps. Now I finally can express myself musically without the equipment getting in the way.

I guess the amp doesn't make me a better fusion or rock player it just makes me a better all around player because the amp coupled with my guitar opens the doors to possibilities that I could only dream of on my old stuff. I am at the beginning process of learning many different styles and I am very glad to have equipment that is reliable, employable, and inspirational.

Greg

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to get so pissed off at my old studio engineer for making me lay down tracks in amp farm and reamp thru my recto. I can't stand the sound of anything that's not my tone when I'm playing, I focus so much more on how bad the tone is rather then how well I'm playing. I had to beat it into his head that there is a reason that I spent $3000 on a recto stack. We play high end tube amps because they sound good and if a crappy modeling thing could sound as good or better why would we buy the nice amps? Turns out the guy just doesn't know how to mic a high gain amp.

I don't know, yes and no. I first got into Metallica and that was like OMG THE TONE THE SOUND THE MUSIC! So that turned me to Mesa. After that it was like nothing compared to it :)
The Mark IV just makes me want to break into a really melodic solo no matter how heavy the riffs I'm playing are. That lead tone is just to die for :p
And as for the Rhythm I set up on Lead channel, well it's fair bone crunching and so I just want to chug along to master of puppets, lamb of god, children of bodom. Mesa's scream heavy and liquid soloing! XD

Latest posts

Back