• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Has anyone ever bought a box from mesa boogie

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sricabla

Reaction score
I'm selling my Recto combo and I have to ship it.

I don't have the original box for my Recto combo. I wonder if Mesa would send me a box if I paid them for it. has anyone ever did this?

Thanks in advance

Wouldn't make any sense. If you ship from UPS, they'll only charge you about $38 to pack it themselves. It's worth it because they'll do it right and if there's a problem, there's NO WAY they don't pay for damages.

I called up the Mesa Hollywood store and they set one aside for me. I am close enough to pick it up but can't see why they wouldn't send you one...

CudBucket said:
Wouldn't make any sense. If you ship from UPS, they'll only charge you about $38 to pack it themselves. It's worth it because they'll do it right and if there's a problem, there's NO WAY they don't pay for damages.

i wouldn't recommend using the ups store, if thats what you mean.

if you want some careless college kid, or some other dumb *** throwing your item in a single ply box with some pink foam popcorn, and getting charged an arm and a leg for it, than be my guest.

It's worth it because they'll do it right and if there's a problem, there's NO WAY they don't pay for damages.

Guess again. They can and often do deny claims on packages THEY pack. It happens all the time. The only difference is that they don't use the "insufficient packaging" BS that they normally use. Granted, you have a better leg to stand on if you need to file a claim. But thinking that this is automatic is simply not true.

JimAnsell said:
CudBucket said:

i wouldn't recommend using the ups store, if thats what you mean.

if you want some careless college kid, or some other dumb *** throwing your item in a single ply box with some pink foam popcorn, and getting charged an arm and a leg for it, than be my guest.

How can you blanket cover all UPS stores throughout the USA? For one they are franchises. for two...different people work at different stores.

The one near me....I know the owner.....the "college kid" that works there is his son and the service they provide is great.

I shipped an amp with them....they bubble wrapped...boxed...added ridged foam to all corners and boxed again. All with a smile. GREAT customer service.

Mesa will sell you the original box and packing for whatever amp they sell. And I highly recommend it. I have done this many times.

DO NOT trust letting UPS pack your amp. Last time I did that they packed it loosely in a box that was too big and with only packing peanuts. Needless to say the results were disastrous and they refused to pay the claim. Fortunately, I managed to get American Express to cover 80% of my loss.

sricabla said:
I'm selling my Recto combo and I have to ship it.

I don't have the original box for my Recto combo. I wonder if Mesa would send me a box if I paid them for it. has anyone ever did this?

Thanks in advance

Why? Any store will give you boxes FREE.

Why? Any store will give you boxes FREE.

Because no shipping company can deny your claim if you used the same packaging that the factory sends them out in.

The UPS store here is fucking crappy. I got a quote from UPS.com and the store was 20% higher to pack an amp and ship it to Hawaii. I did not have time to pack it myself, and the buyer was willing to pay, but it was still BS. They did do a decent job of packing it, but I might have done better myself.

The only reason that I used them is that the buyer demanded UPS, and they had just destroyed my Heartbreaker.

Maybe just pick their brains a little and see if they will pack it right. Otherwise, it's a gamble.

UPS stores are franchises and therefore can charge what they wish, that's why it was higher than the website quote.
Just because it's a Mesa product in a Mesa box doesn't mean jack. YOU boxed it up, not Mesa.

Monsta-Tone said:
True, but the shipper has no leg to stand on if they try to claim "Insufficient Packaging," if it is packed in a factory box, with factory packaging.

+1000^

Monsta-Tone said:
True, but the shipper has no leg to stand on if they try to claim "Insufficient Packaging," if it is packed in a factory box, with factory packaging.

I agree. I have shipped electronics in the past with UPS at the distribution center (not a store) and they insisted on factory packaging or they wouldn't ship. Other times they haven't gone by that rule. I really don't know what their deal is. I would go with a factory box if you can obtain one.

I have read many times that Fedex is more careful when it comes to shipping amps. But face it these amps are heavy and the chances of being droped are greater than something small and light. You are best packing it so it can withstain a 4' drop off the back of a truck.

You are best packing it so it can withstain a 4' drop off the back of a truck.

That is exactly what UPS told me when the Heartbreaker got destroyed. I have to admit, that is not the way it was packed. In the end I won, but it was a mother to go through all of that.

Avoid hassle if you can.

I get dense styrofoam from a local lumber store and pack amps in at least 2 inches of foam. Heavier amps get bubble wrap and then foam or up to 4 inches of foam.

JAZZGEAR said:
Monsta-Tone said:

+1000^

Not to mention UPS contracts out to a third party to rule on the "packing."
How long do you suppose UPS would keep doing business with them if they kept ruling in the customer's favor?

Back