Hardwood cabinet plans

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancullinane

Reaction score
Has anyone made a hardwood cab for their Mark II/III? Either combo or head. I could use some dimentions if you have them written down. Would also love to see some pics of your work.
Thanks

Mark III (short) head dimensions:

width: 43.5cm (17 2/16") inner dimension
height: 17,2cm (6 13/16") inner dimension
depth: 26cm (10 4/16") outer dimension

Board thickness is approx. 2cm (3/4").

All the above are estimates.

HTH

--Humphrey

Sorry can't help. My bass guitarist and I once had ago at making thiele cabs. Got the plans from Electro Voice, which were freely available over the internet. An 8’x 4’ 3/4" birch ply sheet was enough for three cabs. Got the timber merchant to do the all the cuts apart from the speaker baffles, so for us it was an assembly job. The one I made, I stained to match my Imbuya combo, it was then oiled and hand waxed. I even found where I could get hold of some wicker cane which I aged, again to match the combo cabinet. Even the ‘Boogie’ logo was copied and put on the new cab. Then came the day to test it out, I loaded it with an EV and went to put the combo on top – at that point I realised Mesa had changed the dimensions of their thiele cabs to suit their combos– doh!!! We hadn’t checked beforehand.
Ian

PRS-Ian said:
Sorry can't help. My bass guitarist and I once had ago at making thiele cabs. Got the plans from Electro Voice, which were freely available over the internet. An 8’x 4’ 3/4" birch ply sheet was enough for three cabs. Got the timber merchant to do the all the cuts apart from the speaker baffles, so for us it was an assembly job. The one I made, I stained to match my Imbuya combo, it was then oiled and hand waxed. I even found where I could get hold of some wicker cane which I aged, again to match the combo cabinet. Even the ‘Boogie’ logo was copied and put on the new cab. Then came the day to test it out, I loaded it with an EV and went to put the combo on top – at that point I realised Mesa had changed the dimensions of their thiele cabs to suit their combos– doh!!! We hadn’t checked beforehand.
Ian

Do you still have the plans?

Sure do. Give me you email address via a personal message. The pdf file is 410kb. From what I understand, its the internal volume of the cab and port area that's important.
Ian

PRS-Ian said:
Sure do. Give me you email address via a personal message. The pdf file is 410kb. From what I understand, its the internal volume of the cab and port area that's important.
Ian

In addition to internal volume and port area, depth of a cabinet is the next most critical dimension for bass. It is also helpful not to have any two of the dimensions be the same. With three dimensions you get three different frequencies reinforces and can cover more ground.

I would also be interested in plans for the Thiele cabs. I used to build them to spec back in the 80s for our band and some other bands in San Francisco. I would also be interested in plans for the 15" cab if you have them.

Thanks, Jim

PRS-Ian said:
Ian

In addition to internal volume and port area, depth of a cabinet is the next most critical dimension for bass. It is also helpful not to have any two of the dimensions be the same. With three dimensions you get three different frequencies reinforces and can cover more ground.

I would also be interested in plans for the Thiele cabs. I used to build them to spec back in the 80s for our band and some other bands in San Francisco. I would also be interested in plans for the 15" cab if you have them.

Thanks, Jim

Look here: http://archives.telex.com/archives/EV/Builders%20Plans/TL806%20Builders%20Plans.pdf

Latest posts

Back