Ground switch question about Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mystidream

Reaction score
I have a question for anyone of you who can help me with the ground switch on the Mark IV. What is it supposed to be set to? I have it on A and my Mark IV is plugged into a surge protector/power strip. It seems that I'm getting a little bit of a shock when playing. What can I do to remedy this? Thanks in advance.

mystidream said:
I have a question for anyone of you who can help me with the ground switch on the Mark IV. What is it supposed to be set to? I have it on A and my Mark IV is plugged into a surge protector/power strip. It seems that I'm getting a little bit of a shock when playing. What can I do to remedy this? Thanks in advance.

The "normal" position is the middle (neither A nor B). Just find the setting where you don't get shocked.

From the Mark III manual: "Ground Switch - This switch is often helpful in reducing buzzes which originate in the AC power wiring outside the amplifier. We recommend leaving the switch in its center OFF position unless position A or B definitely helps. In the center OFF position, your Boogie cannot be the source of annoying 'ground shocks' to the microphones etc." Funny, with all the bells-and-whistles in a Mk IV, they don't mention (or picture) the ground switch in the manual. So much for RTFM! Cheers!

It's mentioned in my Mark IVA typewritten manual.

~trem

Latest posts

Back