Greenbacks in a tremoverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daren

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought a used Tremoverb and didn't realize it has greenback speakers in it. I was foolish and didn't think anyone would load speakers with the wrong watt ratings into the amp.

My question is will running the amp with these speakers risk damaging the amp or just blowing out the speakers?

Is it all right to leave the greenbacks in there if I pull the two center power tubes? If I pull the tubes do I need to change the ohms?

If I need to get new speakers, what are your recommendations on a really nice set of speakers for this amp?

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Daren

I have a Tremoverb and it will fry those speakers if you aren't careful. If you really dig the tone of the Greenback, try the Emi Private Jack. It sounds ****** close to the Greenback and is rated at 50 watts. Two of them will give you 100 watts and that *should* be fine unless you are really blasting that Tremoverb.

FWIW I have a Private Jack loaded cab and it sounds like *god* with both my RoadKing and especially my Tremoverb.

Back