Greenback (G12M) in an LSS?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamingdaisy

Reaction score
I really like the LSS tone, but it's not quite bringing the rock I'm looking for and I think it's the stock speaker... too smooth.

I'm using mine in a more "Marshall" kind of way... kind of an AC/DC thing, which has me thinking G12M.

Thoughts?

I've never tried GB's but I did use G12H30's in a Marshall 2061cx cab with my LSS head. They brought the rock all right.

screamingdaisy said:
I really like the LSS tone, but it's not quite bringing the rock I'm looking for and I think it's the stock speaker... too smooth.

I'm using mine in a more "Marshall" kind of way... kind of an AC/DC thing, which has me thinking G12M.

Thoughts?
y

Yea a g12m will work or you might try a v30 . It it seems to be a bit gainier ( is that a word )
than the c90

the greenback is the way to go... i did this a few years ago in my LSS

if you are that loud and worrying about blowing it, get another cab or mic it... another 1x12 cab is cheap... ideally another 1x12 close back with a greenback

the LSS with a greenback and 12at7 in V1 is a GREAT, well rounded from sparkling clean to dirty.... i usually stay on dirty and clean up with guitar volume

through a closed back cab the LSS is even better

Latest posts

Back